Not Bragging - Is this a decent clock on my 4930k? (and other questions)

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
So I'm not sure where the 4930k's lie on the bell curve for overclocking. I can do 4.7GHz at 1.370v (LLC level 2 - level 1 being the highest) my core temps are around the low 60's (peak 65).

A bit more comfortable clock, 4.6GHz at 1.280v (LLC level 2 - level 1 being the highest). Core temps sit in the mid 50's (peak 60c).

Are these good stats for the CPU? If not, what temps should I be below? Also, (and this may be more opinion than anything) what voltage should I stay under for 24/7?

Running that kind of Vcore would make me nervous. Isn't the max safe rule of thumb Vcore for a HWL processor 1.2V?

On the inverse, your temps are really low for the Vcore you are pumping in to your CPU, so that says a lot that you may be a CPU lottery winner.

Everything seems fine to me. I am pretty sure IB chips dont start degrading faster till after the mid 1.35s. I think its around .2v higher then stock is where the voltage starts to degrade it a little faster. Those temps seem great though for that amount of Vcore.

Ah jeez...my bad. For some reason my brain went straight to HWL seeing the leading "4" in the CPU model.

That is a pretty good chip in my opinion. I'm running my 4960X at 4.6G's and 1.4V for 24/7 use on custom watercooling.

Based on the air binning I've seen done, you could have a pretty good LN2 chip on your hands :D

Back