Not a very good stalker

CodeX

2[H]4U
So i got this game today and I have tried the first mission 6 or 7 times and die every rime. First I had it on stalker difficulty but then changed it to novice. I will unload clip after clip of ammunition all seemingly accurately and I have not yet killed anyone. I don't understand the problem. One time I was inches from one of them and I fired a whole clip into him and he proceeded to kill me while I was reloading. :mad:

So i got this game today and I have tried the first mission 6 or 7 times and die every rime. First I had it on stalker difficulty but then changed it to novice. I will unload clip after clip of ammunition all seemingly accurately and I have not yet killed anyone. I don't understand the problem. One time I was inches from one of them and I fired a whole clip into him and he proceeded to kill me while I was reloading. :mad:

+1

Does anyone else experience this?

I have this problem with the dogs.

I can kill the boars and people with one good knife slash. But dogs I seemingly cannot hit with my knife no matter what, and I have to waste clips of ammo taking them down.

Yeah the accuracy is buggy as hell

I fired a whole round (with an auto) at point blank range at a bandit, and he did not get hit once, i kid you not.....that is unrealistic as fuck

I find the AK-74/47 Soviet weapons to be the most inaccurate weapons in the game. As I have progressed I got my hands on a G-36, and my accurracy and range has increased greatly and can bring down a Merc/Bandit from 1 shot (HS of course) to 2-3 rounds. The AK-74 style weapons I seem to waste a clip and can't hit the broad side of a barn and not only that, they're highly inaccurate in the game. Look for Western European weapons and it should get better.

Try this:
http://forums.filefront.com/s-t-l-k-e-r-modding-editing/306524-double-damage-mod-download-here.html

You can choose to change the hit power times two or three. I did it times two and the game is so much better. Now it's more like a normal FPS. Im sure Ill get shit for it. but Im having way more fun.

Duo Joe, Im in the same boat. I never have trouble advancing through FPS games, but I've had such trouble getting through STALKER.

My first try, I was on hard difficulty, and I wondered if I was doing something wrong. Human enemies were the hardest to take down, as the dogs and boars I just strafe around while reloading. I turned down the difficulty to stalker, yet once I had to steal documents from the soldiers base, I couldnt get anywhere. I spent over an hour inside a building trying to slowly take out the enemies, but there were so many, and I'm sure they had respawned.... plus, Mole, who I hear isn't supposed to die, keeps dying before making it into the building to hide out. I keep having my objective stay locked on an old mission to destroy a boar lair. I cannot switch my objective from the boar lair, which honestly has been the most annoying and game altering bug I'm encountering.

So I've restarted my game. I am using the damage mod X2 right now, and it feels like a different game. Enemies die a little more easily, and I have less frustration fighting the soldiers than I did before. I'm running around the garbage zone right now and the damage mod hasn't interfered with the gameplay so far. I'll try get past mole and head to the bar with the mod and see if anything is effected up to that point.

Just take it slow, use cover, sneak around and aim for people's heads. You should also be able to pickup a shotgun or even a rifle off some bodies. Don't forget to quick save, if there's a lot of guys around I usually quick save after every couple kills.

The sawed off double barrel shotgun is great for dogs, especially in a pack. Sometimes all it takes is a single shot to kill a couple of them. Also, sometimes the dogs will run away after the first shotgun blast. But yeah...it's harder than most FPS games.

Yeah the accuracy is buggy as hell

I fired a whole round (with an auto) at point blank range at a bandit, and he did not get hit once, i kid you not.....that is unrealistic as fuck

that seems plausible, considering that when firing a fully automatice firearm even at point blank range. Like the whole concept of spray and pray. The accurracy could become 0% depending on how much movement is happening.

anyways.. aim for the head! One shot can take a guy out.

This isn't meant to be a console shoot-em-up. There is a deliberate effort to make you use more thought and stealth than your average fps... You start out with none, then limited weapons and have to make the best of them. Do you think you could knock off a well geared opponent with a handgun? Many of them are wearing bp vests...

Sometimes it helps checking the encyclopedia as well... Most of the dogs are blind and key in on sound. If you're just thrashing through the grass they are going to get you.

It may be this simply isn't your style of game...

I don't think a lot of you understand the how the accuracy system works. When you're not aiming down the iron sights you bullets will spray anywhere inside the widest crosshairs. When aiming down the iron sight, I have no trouble hitting people at a realistic distance.

I've never not been able to kill an oponent at point blank range aiming down the barrel and can usually kill them just firing from the hip.

I love the weapon accuracy in this game, reminds me of America's Army. I bet AA vets don't have an trouble with it. AA was smart though, they make you spend a lot of time at the firing range whn you first start the game.

I don't think a lot of you understand the how the accuracy system works. When you're not aiming down the iron sights you bullets will spray anywhere inside the widest crosshairs. When aiming down the iron sight, I have no trouble hitting people at a realistic distance.

I've never not been able to kill an oponent at point blank range aiming down the barrel and can usually kill them just firing from the hip.

I love the weapon accuracy in this game, reminds me of America's Army. I bet AA vets don't have an trouble with it. AA was smart though, they make you spend a lot of time at the firing range whn you first start the game.

I play AA all the time and I hadserious trouble with the early guns in this game, but I attribute that to the fact that the early guns in this game SUCK.

I have an AK now, though, and I'm doing much, much better with accuracy now.

Regardless, I give up on STALKER until it's fixed because I'm at a point where no matter what I do, the game ****s me over in the form of a bug (see the "Stalker is a buggy pos" forum for more info).

If I see that I'm coming up on a pack of dogs that looks dangerous I just fire a few shots into the group and they tend to either scatter or come running at me from a distance and I pick them off before they get to me for the most part.

Game is damn hard (I'm playing on stalker level) but that's part of what I like about it. If I could run around doing anything I want and know I'm never going to die then what's the fun in that?

Game is damn hard (I'm playing on stalker level) but that's part of what I like about it. If I could run around doing anything I want and know I'm never going to die then what's the fun in that?
+1

It's nice to have a good challenge. Plus if you drop your coin on a new game, you might as well get some hours of entertainment out of it... Personally I don't understand the desire to blast through the game and finish the whole thing in one sitting...

This isn't meant to be a console shoot-em-up. There is a deliberate effort to make you use more thought and stealth than your average fps... You start out with none, then limited weapons and have to make the best of them. Do you think you could knock off a well geared opponent with a handgun? Many of them are wearing bp vests...

Sometimes it helps checking the encyclopedia as well... Most of the dogs are blind and key in on sound. If you're just thrashing through the grass they are going to get you.

It may be this simply isn't your style of game...

I beat Farcry with no problem, I have no problem being stealthy and using tactics, the guns just do not hit anything, even when I am right on top of them.

I beat Farcry with no problem, I have no problem being stealthy and using tactics, the guns just do not hit anything, even when I am right on top of them.

I will say that Stalker is one of the more difficult games I've played. I agree it's harder to get kills than Far Cry. But to me that adds to the challenge...

Is there a way to toggle the aim down the gun sight instead of having to hold the button it's bound to?

If you attach your first scope to the "fast firing AK" you find from stelok's group stash that makes an awesome weapon.

Its not impossible, but it can be frustrating.

I think FarCry was perfect difficulty. It gave a good challenge, but 95% of the game was not frustrating.

When i first started playing the game it was very challenging but once i got an automatic weapon it became much easier. The game really screws you over when you run out of ammo. But that just adds to the realism. I once had to take out 7 baddies with the DB shotgun by shooting them once they come around the corner(saved after every kill) it was really hard, but rewarding.

If you attach your first scope to the "fast firing AK" you find from stelok's group stash that makes an awesome weapon.

Thats exactly what i did.:cool: but its starting to jam on me, but now im far enough in the game to get a sniper rifle.

there's a silenced sniper rifle in the north east bunker in the freedom camp. really accurate and uses common ammo

Back