not a mod but 180 degree display

ya.. at the Detroit North American International Auto Show, there was something like that in the basement that you could play some driving game on and watch movies in. It was really freakin cool. It had THX surround sound that had the deepest bass I've heard, clearest sound, and HD wrap-around picture. (composed of 4 or 5 19'' monitors or something) It wasn't quite full 180' up and down, but it was side to side. Here's my brother sitting in it. :p

DSCN1773.jpg

w1retap, now that is cool.. I have heard the multi displays work very well with Driver Sims games, but you need more 'power' to display say, Battlefield 2, or Oblivion across something like this. I believe that day is coming... when the paper like (flexable) LCDs mature, then you can just role out your monitor onto any surface and GO ! :cool:

Quester said:
w1retap, now that is cool.. I have heard the multi displays work very well with Driver Sims games, but you need more 'power' to display say, Battlefield 2, or Oblivion across something like this. I believe that day is coming... when the paper like (flexable) LCDs mature, then you can just role out your monitor onto any surface and GO ! :cool:
yes.. that will be the day when they actually release the roll out screens for sale as consumer products. :D At the 2004 NAIAS in Detroit, they had a few at the Ford display. I think they are made from OLED's or something. This guy had one that rolled out of a pen and was playing a movie, and they had a couple of semi-transparent ones hooked up to computers with the internet so you could configure your own Ford vehicle. It almost looked like they were displaying an image on clear plexiglass, but it was more flexible so you could pretty much fold it or roll it. :eek:

Back