Norton Utilities Issue...

I recently re-installed XP on one of my machines, and while everything seems fine, Norton Protection (the "Protected Recycle Bin") will not automatically start with Windows, nor am I able to start it manually.

The exact issue is outlined here, but their soultions do not work. The service is already set to "Automatic", and I have checked the Boot.ini. The only way that I am able to enable the service is to either stop then start it, or restart it. I've tried setting it to restart if there is a service failure, but since there is no "failure" (the service appears to be running, though it doesn't work) it does not try to restart. I have also tried un-and re-installing SystemWorks completely. (I only have AntiVirus, Utilities, and Ghost installed)

Any ideas? I'm thinking that perhaps the order in which I installed things might be the cause (like, certain drivers or other programs that were installed before SystemWorks are conflicting), since this was not an issue before the re-installation. I really would like to avoid having to manually restart the service every time I turn on the computer...

Back