Norton System Works 2003 problem!

YoUnAn

Gawd
Ok I am having a very annoying problem with Norton system works 2003. I want to know if I am the only one experiencing it or is it happening to other people.

The problem is that when I use live update it will tell my that my antivirus definitions, and Norton antivirus is corrupted and it can not determine if their is an update for them (But everything else will update fine). Does anyone know why this is happening? I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. I've also even formatted my HDD and did everything from sctarch but this problem still happens.

Also My other question is that my school give us Mcafee 4.5.1 for free. Should I use that instead? Or should I DL AVG?

Well I think I going to punch myself.

I searched the symantec website for a few hours and I found out what my problem was.

First symantec is telling me to fix the error I need to update liveupdate to version 2.0. Well I do that and it does not work.

Next it tells me that my subscription service is up even though I purchased it oct 2003 (So it should be good till oct 2004).

So the only way to fix my problem is to renew my service. Right now I am very pissed at symantec and thier customer service.

So since I have figured out my problem I ask the mods to close this thread.
Thanks

There is an easy fix for this. ebay has the professional version for less thatn 15 bucks every day.

Originally posted by laserdemon
There is an easy fix for this. ebay has the professional version for less thatn 15 bucks every day.

Well the thing is I do not want to have to spend more money on a piece of software when the one I already have has at least 9 months left for update DL's.

I had that happen with the same software once and Disk Doctor etc thought that it was trial and it had run out, and Norton refused to update etc. You could try the intelligent updater (4mb exe from symantecs website) but if this doesn't work you'll have to clear all traces of System Works from your PC and reinstall, which takes some time, unless you want to format which also takes up some time :(.

Originally posted by Andrew87
I had that happen with the same software once and Disk Doctor etc thought that it was trial and it had run out, and Norton refused to update etc. You could try the intelligent updater (4mb exe from symantecs website) but if this doesn't work you'll have to clear all traces of System Works from your PC and reinstall, which takes some time, unless you want to format which also takes up some time :(.

I have tired uninstalling, reinstalling, and formatting but that still does not solve the problem.
I think I'm just going to stop using symantec products. I am now trying to decide between McAfee and AVG.

Back