Norton Internet Security for $10, or free MSE?

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
Staples sent me an email offering NIS for $10 after easy rebate (instant), but right now I am running Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free. Is the extra functionality of NIS worth the $10 or do you think MSE will be fine? What would you guys do?

Keep MSE.
Scored higher than Symantec (Norton) on av-comparatives.

You'll also be paying a lot more than $10 to renew it a year from now as well.

Wow...I don't see this ending well. Wodz...you might want to check out the rules.

Is the extra functionality of NIS worth the $10 or do you think MSE will be fine? What would you guys do?

Uninstall MSE, download the NIS trial, install/use, and then decide for yourself. :)

Keep MSE.
Scored higher than Symantec (Norton) on av-comparatives.

In the retrospective/proactive test, yes, but bear in mind this test doesn't actually test all of Norton's proactive protection due to it being a plain old chuck-millions-of-files-in-a-folder-and-hit-the-scan-button test; Norton's behaviour blocker (SONAR2) doesn't come in to play because the files aren't executed. Also, Norton fared much better than OneCare and MSE in this year's on-demand tests, and in the recent PUA test.

Staples sent me an email offering NIS for $10 after easy rebate (instant), but right now I am running Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free. Is the extra functionality of NIS worth the $10 or do you think MSE will be fine? What would you guys do?
Norton could come to my door with a free lifetime subscription and a check made out to me for $10 and I would still use MSE.

Back