Northbridge Temperature poll

Willsonman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
1,195
I think that My northbridge is running very hot when I overclock in the 2.7Ghz range. The sesorssay around 50C. If anyone would like to post their temps just for comparison that would be helpful.
 
I have a Vantec Iceberq copper on my nb, and undervolted it keeps my nb under 40C at 300FSB for several hours of Prime.
 
The Max i got was 9.5 C. I have a Zalman 7700 blowing on it :p haha.

P.S. its the stock Epox NB heatsink
 
Hey thanks all so far. I hope to get more. I guess my assumptions are correct. I did not thaink about that my last motherboard also had my zalman 7700 blowing on it as well. I'll try transplanting the northbridge cooler from that board to this one. It seems to be a better one. the ASUS one is just a fan with a metal box bent around it to form a box.
 
61c :D 1.7volts stock fan running at a nice and quiet 2500rpm. 265HTT no stability issues.
 
Mine craps out at 303 but like I said it is running at around 52 degrees C. Pretty stinkin hot for a NB if you ask me.
 
Willsonman said:
Mine craps out at 303 but like I said it is running at around 52 degrees C. Pretty stinkin hot for a NB if you ask me.

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong.. is that the FSB or the NB frequency? I know on the A8N32 it's set at 100 or 200 stock.. I forget which one.
 
Stevemr2t said:
Maybe I'm understanding this wrong.. is that the FSB or the NB frequency? I know on the A8N32 it's set at 100 or 200 stock.. I forget which one.

303 is the FSB frequency... overclocked of course. just a tick over 2.7 GHz w/ 9X multi. and the northbridge chipset is runnin at 52Degrees C at that speed. Stock it runs at 30. The board is an Asus A8N-E not the biostar in my sig. Still deciding on this mobo still. Need to be able to get past 300 FSB to justify it.
 
27C idle
35C load

See my sig for my cooler that i'm using (last line in the middle...it's currently discontinued, but alot of stores still sell it. look around on ebay also....people used to cool 9800's with it also, so finding one should be easy...)

I gotta oc more tho....I'm a n00b in that department....ahhh
 
wow... uhm, that pretty much looks like a CPU cooler. I looked yesterday for a replacement cooler. I unfortunately cannot use yours. My NB is right under the pathway of my PCI-E X16 slot. so If I choose to upgrade(duh) to a newer graphics card I have to keep an active low-profile cooler. baaah, I should just do liquid but that is another $200 investment that the wife must approve.
 
my asrock is about 27C idle and maybe 29C load... seems pretty low, and i dont really know why it is like that. But I'm ok with it...
 
sumofatguy said:
my asrock is about 27C idle and maybe 29C load... seems pretty low, and i dont really know why it is like that. But I'm ok with it...
what is your FSB speed?
 
Back
Top