• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NorthBridge overclock KGPE-D16

sanaris

n00b
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
5
Hey!
I am trying to overclock my system.
KGPE-D16 with 6300.
Now it is trouble with overclocking HyperTransport (many settings in TPC).
NorthBridge is cooled enough, so I have some room to increase HT up to 3 GHz.
I am going with TurionPowerControl, what have I do?
Features there work only with 10h, 11h, but mine is 15h.

There is option "-htset", but it doesn't seem to work this way. (I have already all links at 0x14).
 
Last I checked, we do not have an overclocking bios for that board. Something like SetFSB may be able to manipulate the fsb slightly, but it really isn't worth doing from my previous experience with Asus boards. TPC isn't going to help you with what you are trying to do.
 
You are not going to get anywhere on the bus with that board. I spent hours with tear workin on that board and the same i2c channels that are open on the SM are not with asus... we even managed to figure out how to switch channels but that didn't help any.

Multi overclock is all you have got, and that's only available on ES chips.
Though you should be able to force multi on 62xx chips.
I don't know if you can get 63xx working...if the registers changed or not.
 
I am using 6348 ES at 3.3 GHz under 1.125 V thanks to TPC, which is comfortable enough right now for single thread speed.
The North Bridge frequency is 2000 MHz.
Would be nice to find a way to increase it, because I have many applications which are depend on speed of interconnect between processors.
 
Back
Top