Northbridge H2O blocks?

jackbauer

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys i am looking at getting a northbridge waterblock. i have a a7n8x deluxe and am wondering if a maze4 or something will fit?? any help will be great.

thanks guys

Jack

A Maze4 is a CPU block, and will be far too large. Check Danger Den's site for chipset coolers, they sell them. Other companies do also.

Maze4 is a whole line of blocks -- CPU, GPU, and chipset.

I don't the block or an A7N8X, so don't know if it'll fit. But, I bet DD would know :) and would be happy to answer your email.

HeThatKnows said:
Maze4 is a whole line of blocks -- CPU, GPU, and chipset.

I don't the block or an A7N8X, so don't know if it'll fit. But, I bet DD would know :) and would be happy to answer your email.

oops, you learn something new everyday... and it's still early, maybe I'll learn 2 new things today :D

When I learn something new, I immediately head to a tavern. Gotta clear space in me brain for the next new thing. :p

I used a DD Z-chip on my NB before. The performance wasn't really worth the head loss the extra block introduces to the loop. After I removed it my OC stayed the same with just stock NB HS with a 40mm fan added to it.

cypher_138 said:
I used a DD Z-chip on my NB before. The performance wasn't really worth the head loss the extra block introduces to the loop. After I removed it my OC stayed the same with just stock NB HS with a 40mm fan added to it.

yeah that's what i heard about the nb blocks, so that's why i decided against getting one

I didn't tell you why I really stoped using it either.
I crunched my NB chip on a remount and killed my last MB. :eek:
After that the WB just sit's in a drawer in my desk. I read your other post too. Glad you decided what to get. Water cooling is pretty cool, you'll have fun with it. :cool:

Got my 3 WB set up. And with the all three i get 34-39 load on average somtimes I hit 41. With out it i get 32-36. Never once passed 36 in the past 4 days. This is with a 28 @ 3.2 perfectly stable with just a nb fan.

So i just wasted 30 bucks for nothing. ^^

well i thank you guys for the info... i think i'll just get a fan to put on the stock nb hs. the asus stock block is pretty good to begin with. thanks again

Back