Northbridge cooler NF7-S

ADWulf

n00b
well to start things off, i havent had a problem wiht this board since i got it, today i installed a SP-97 and a panaflo ultra fan, and now my northbridge fan is making alot of noise, it goes away and comes back but its still there and it bothers me, could the airflow from my panaflo be interfering with the fan so it makes that noise, just wondering what all u ppl on [H]ard forum had to say?

no the nb fans on abit boards suck and do that, then die.

go get a new nb fan

swiftech makes the best air cooled one imho

The northbridge fan on the NF7-S is prone to failure. Your only real option is to replace it. Some coolers to look into are the passive Zalman units and the Vantec Iceberq Cooler. I have the Iceberq and it works great.

thx for the help guys, looks like its time for a trip to Fry's tomorrow, but that happens every day anyway =D

Mine died after 6 months I got the board (NF7-S). I bought one of the Zalman NB heatsinks and it works well. The gold one matches pretty nicely with the orange tone on the board.

do u guys think i could use the nb fan off my dead GA-7VAX its a pretty big fan, i could take the fan off teh heatsink and run it passively, its a pretty big heatsink, im just considering since i have my panaflo from my heatsink blowing right across it anyway

this is the same type of heatsink and fanthis

since i have it i thought i should just as well use it

bump, anyone have anything to say about me using that heatsink without the fan and running it passively, since my heatsink fan(panaflo ultra 92 mm) is blowing right over it after coming off my heatsink

NO WAY IN HELL

the nf2 chipsets get hot as hell in the first place you cant run your nb with out a fan unless you have a big zalman but its not the best for overclocking.

I have the NF7-S with a SLK-900U and when the nb heatsink fan started to get annoyingly loud I replaced it with the Zalman ZM-NB47J. I had to remove 2 of the fins and bend 2 others to get it to fit, but after that it fit perfectly. The thing hardly even gets warm, even after running Prime95 overnight with the FSB at 200. I would try it higher than that, but my ram is PC2700 so to go higher then 400 I have to use very poor memory timings and its just not worth it.

I don't know if the cooler you are talking about will work passively, but the Zalman cooler is like less then $10CAN (I even saw it for $5CAN the other day) so you are probably better off just spending the couple dollars for the Zalman.

Back