North Q 3580 - Worth the money?

Hybridchild

Weaksauce
Right so a mate of mine has one of these but has decided to do a full water cooling job so he's offered it to me. Never been too bothered by water cooling myself but have recently taken to overclocking so i'm tempted.

I've read some reviews and they basically all say it's ok but only works as well as a good air cooler despite being more expensive, thing is its second had so have offered me it for €60.

So i was wondering has anyone used it? Do you think its worth that price?

Thanks

That shit, looks "Meh" at best. Dont spend more than 40 pounds on it

Pounds, euros, fucking crazy euro cash...you know what i mean.

Looks a lot like the Coolermaster Aquagate Mini I had. It worked very well for me. Well, until I broke it :(

I was taking to him last night and he's gonna let me test it before i make up my mind. Im almost certain it will be better than what im on cause i havent had a chance to upgrade from stock. I built a similar system to mine with a Scythe Mugen a couple of months ago so ill see how the temps compare to the temps of that set up.

It's crap, you would be better off with a higher end air cooler. Sorry to be so blount, but those are OEM units that companies like IBuypower uses in some of their systems as their water cooling solution. I would try it since you do not have to do anything but mount it, but I doubt you will see any difference in temps, probably worse, than your current cooler.

It's crap, you would be better off with a higher end air cooler. Sorry to be so blount, but those are OEM units that companies like IBuypower uses in some of their systems as their water cooling solution. I would try it since you do not have to do anything but mount it, but I doubt you will see any difference in temps, probably worse, than your current cooler.

Would you say the same about this kit here? After all, you just buy it and mount it.:eek:

No, that is actually a decent kit. It combines a MCP350 pump and an Apogee GT water block into one unit and then uses a MCR220 rad. All three parts are highly regarded within the water cooling community.

The problem with most prebuilt kits is that they come from companies that are good at one part, but not very good at other parts of water cooling. Swiftech does a really good job in the area of rads and water blocks. The MCP350 is made only by Laing and therefore has a proven track record.

At $140 for the dual or $120 for the single (Newegg), you will not go wrong, although the dual will give you more headroom if you want to cool something else besides the CPU.

No, that is actually a decent kit. It combines a MCP350 pump and an Apogee GT water block into one unit and then uses a MCR220 rad. All three parts are highly regarded within the water cooling community.

The problem with most prebuilt kits is that they come from companies that are good at one part, but not very good at other parts of water cooling. Swiftech does a really good job in the area of rads and water blocks. The MCP350 is made only by Laing and therefore has a proven track record.

At $140 for the dual or $120 for the single (Newegg), you will not go wrong, although the dual will give you more headroom if you want to cool something else besides the CPU.

I know, I was just being facetious. I love Swiftech products. Best bang for the buck going.

Back