Nortan Cannot Clean

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a couple of the same viruses on my computer with almost the same name there names are "CC20F.tmo, CC11E.tmo, CC108.tmp" nortan gives me a message saying "Virus found Clean Failed Quariteen Succeded" and the quarinteen is the only one that succeded. when i delete it just comes back. when i try to clean it it says "cannot clean the virus the computer it is located on is turned off." what does that mean? would it be on my brothers computer? we are hooked up to the network and when i tried the clean his computer was off. what is causing it from being deleted perminently

Temporarily disable system restore, boot into safe mode. Run a full scan with updated definitions in safe mode. Reboot, re-enable system restore if you use it.

what does it mean when it says "cannot clean the virus the computer it is located on is turned off"

everytime i check my mail i get a email with the subject "Hello, System Failure" or something like that and thats when nortan pops up and says virus found "clean failed, quarinteen succeded, access denied" i delete them permintly and i just get another one. any idea whats causing them. i dont open the email so it cant be that.

The best thing you could do would be get rid of Norton. Its worthless compared to other anti-virus programs that are available and its bloatware. AVG is a good free anti-virus that i readily recommend and NOD32 and Kaspersky are the best you could pay for. The only thing Norton is good at is telling you that you have a virus. For me i've tried 2002, 2003, and 2004, and none of them could handle getting rid of viruses correctly.

right now i dont pay for nortan. i have corperate version.

Originally posted by DRJ1014
what will that do???

basically, everytime you delete it, windows restore is putting it back for you. that's why you gotta disable windows restore first...

as for norton: it's not bloatware so much anymore, doesn't hog all your system resources anymore, but i still don't use it becuase it once did, and i could barely run it on my shitty comp 5 years ago when McAfee would run like an ace.

Back