• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Normal temps at 30'C ambient?

Reality

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
System in sig, just installed my xspc rx360/raystorm kit in push pull

ambient temp is 29'C, seeing really high idle temps on my i7-2600k at stock (35, 35, 33, 39)

how much higher should temps be over ambient with this setup?
 
I consider those low idle temperatures however idle temperatures with Intel processors are not that meaningful because the sensors are not that accurate at these low temperatures. Although I guess since you have a $300 kit you want to be as close to ambient as possible.
 
thanks for your input, unfortunately i'm not worried about what the idle temps are, i'm using it as a gauge to determine if my block is functioning properly
 
I think those idle temps would be fine, you're at slightly higher than an already warm ambient temp. An idle chip is pretty easy to cool, fully loaded temps are where you're going to see if your setup is actually working correctly.

Why is your ambient temp so warm? I'd be sweating in that room.
 
its 25-26'C outside, about 29 in here with my rig and PS3 running :/
 
windows are open with attic fan turned on, f*** this weather

the tubing has an odor when the water heats up too ;(
 
2600k @ 4.8/1.425
Ambient now is 21'C

IBT 12GB test gets my CPU up to 72'C, doesn't seem right :/ Push Pull with 3x Bitfenix Spectres + 3x XSPC 120mm 1650's (all fans at 12v)
 
I don't think the block needs to be reseated because the fans are blowing out very very warm air at the top of the case, so the actual loop is working. Guess I just have one of those hot chips?
 
Make sure your loop doesnt have air bubbles in it. Un-mount your rads and give them a little shake and see if some bubbles come out. That will help a ton.
 
ordered some nicer looking tubing, and fittings. Ill drain/flush everything and re-TIM/mount the block and start over, ugh these temps are too high IMO
 
Back
Top