• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Normal i7 920 stock cooler temps?

Momo

Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
869
So i just installed / setup a core i7 920 with the stock cooler.

What are normal idle temps supposed to be?

Mine idle ~60
mine load ~80 ... core #0-#3 ~80, core #3 down ~77

Is it normal for one core to run a few degrees lower?
I checked the pushpins through the door on my corsair obsidian 800d case (awesome feature!) and they all look like they are 100% through.

Thanks folks.

EDIT: I guess intel turboboost is on? CPU-Z is showing 2800.xxMhz
It shows this even at load... wtf?
 
Last edited:
A few preliminary questions:

1. What is your ambient temperature?
2. What is your Vcore voltage set to?
3. Is the CPU overclocked? If so, to what speed?

And yes, it is normal to see a variation between cores. I typically have a 4*C difference between my coolest and warmest cores.
 
1. about 17 degrees celcius.
2. vcore is set to default motherboard settings...
3. no overclock, it's default motherboard settings so far.
 
1. about 17 degrees celcius.
2. vcore is set to default motherboard settings...
3. no overclock, it's default motherboard settings so far.

Then I would say temps are fine for the most part. Idle may be a bit high but I never ran mine with the stock cooler so I can't say for sure. Load temps around 80*C are normal.
 
great, ~80 on blend with all 8 virtual cores going on prime 95, 82 on the max heat one
 
is it me or is a 60C idle a bit high?

i'm using a Noctura and running at 4.2ghz(see sig) and i idle at 30C and load at 70C. ambient is ~18C. maybe i got a factory freak or something.
 
Back
Top