Nooby Headset Q.

Maccco

n00b
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
16
Hi guy's, Currently I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card. I am looking at a new headset, I have the Razer Megalodon 7.1 Gaming Headset in mind. But this is a USB headset, now I just built my PC. First time builder, will the sound card be useless for the USB headset as it will be running of the MoBo's integrated sound?

Thanks, I apologise for the Q. If I did miss an important topic, please let me know.
 
USB headsets work off of a DAC in the headset itself, not onboard audio. Short story: get a good pair of stereo headphones that connect to the sound card in analog, not digital, and use the X-Fi's CMSS Headphone mode to achieve superior positional audio.

Multichannel gaming headsets are bad. Good quality stereo headphones using sound card virtual surround sound technologies are better. You already have the X-Fi and CMSS (the thing that takes a multichannel source, and creates a virtual surround field through headphones), so you should use it.

Look at the AD-700 for gaming, or the HD-598, for gaming/music/movies.
 
Back
Top