• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Noobish Question

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
1,349
ok, I know nothing when it comes to speakers so here it goes. I have a sony stereo with 2 speakers and a woofer. How do I go about setting them up as speakers for my pc?
 
^_^
Buy a cable to connect the computer to the receiver.................................................

(Am I missing something?.... that was too easy).
 
I think we need to know a model, or we need to know if you have an auxiliary input. Then we can tell you what you need. ;)
 
The most basic to give you stereo sound out of your receiver (stereo system) is to buy a cable that takes the stereo output of your computer (chances are a mini jack) to a stereo input to the receiver (chances are a 2 RCA connector).
example
 
Michigan PC said:
this is the stereo I have

right here
After reviewing the Sony Manual ( http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=MHCGX45&LOC=3 ) for your system, it seems there may be only one way to connect your computer to it.

If you look in page 25 of your manual booklet, it gives you an option of hooking up a "game" system to your stereo. If you hook your computer's audio into the video game audio input, it should work. All you have to do is connect your computer to the video game audio input (2 RCA inputs, so the cable I linked to before would work assuming your sound card has a 3.5mm (mini) line output jack) and press the GAME selector button on the stereo unit. Then you can play computer music through the stereo unit.

~Hope this helps
 
Back
Top