• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Noobie to Intel OCing

Dyne

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
211
Hey guys, I need some help overclocking my PC

I just built a new rig with an E2200, P5Q Pro, 4850, X-Fi Fatality, 4GB of Corsair XMS2 800 and 1 harddrive. I'm using an Antec EarthWatts 500 that case with my Sonata III

I successfully got the E2200 from 2.2 to 3.0Ghz on stock volts, but any higher than that and it's not stable for anything more than a few seconds in orthos. I tried raising the CPU voltage to 1.45 but it was the same effect. The Ram is also running at DDR2-902 @ 1.9v.

Any ideas as to what I should bump up to get it stable > 3.0 Ghz?


Thanks,
Jay
 
I tried rasing the NB voltage as well, but no dice.

Also, wouldn't the ram not be a factor since I'm changing only the CPU multi?
 
No, those ram sticks should run at 900 np. Raise the voltage to like 2.1v on them and set them to cas5. O/C success is YMMV.
 
Alright, Thanks I'll try that. What should I try running the NB at? (The P5Q doesn't have "defaults" per-say, it's all manually entering the voltage)
 
Bumped the vCore to 1.425 volts, and now 3.3Ghz is running Orthos;
At least I didn't BSOD in 2 minutes like before, lol
 
Glad things are working. Look around/Google for e2180/e2200 results to get an idea how much [more] headroom you may have.
 
3.3GHz is actually pretty damn good for an E2200 assuming it's on air, so I wouldn't think there's too much headroom left. You definitely do have a good chip though.
 
Back
Top