• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

noob to watercooling.

peacetilence

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
2,343
Think of me as a completely lost retard, name some names and what they'll do make the best watercooling setup.

I want to cool and hopefully overclock (higher than air) the system in my sig and soon to be 7800GTX512. Where do I begin? I want a silent setup that cools better than I have now (Praetorian coolermaster case, XP-90c on my venice, nothing special at all....) No real budget concerns, I'd rather keep it under $500 though...
 
I'm gonna vote for a swiftech storm block and mcp655 pump. get whatever you prefer for a rad (some take up more space than others, look nicer, etc...) and if you're not ever going to run sli, I'd get the mcw55 vga block as well. otherwise look into a maze4 that has the low profile or whatever. if you want a new case, most people like the cm stacker but i say get what you want and make what you have fit!
 
My vote is also with the Apex. With the $$$ spent on the Apex, a W/C block for the Vid Card ($40-50), and more tubing from McMaster-Carr (<$15 for 20ft shipped IIRC), you will STILL have the $$$ leftover to buy a whole new case for your water cooling, not to mention a dremel for cutting your holes, and probably even a decent PSU.

If you like the size-factor of the Praetorian, I'd go with a Lian-Li PC-65. I went from a WaveMaster to that, and it's just as solid of a case.

Just my $0.02. TN will probably weigh in here in a bit with a $500 high bling AC system. I'm a function over form guy myself.

-Ghent
 
Back
Top