• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Noob questions.

nicklemarr

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
388
I've never post in the "Computer Audio" part of [H], so forgive me.

I finally got my hands on a set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra's.

I moved from S/PDIF on my mobo, to a Yamaha reciever, to a Denon 2.0 power amp, to a pair of loudspeakers; now I'm on the Promedia Ultras using ministereo plugs for 6 channels. I'm thinking about getting a "gaming" sound card.

I can have PCI or PCI-e card.
My priorities are firstly gaming, then music, then movies, in that order. I really don't care about movies.
Budget isn't a concern, I'll pay for quality.

I've done minor research and should I be looking at the X-Fi cards over everything else? I've always heard Creative uses sorry components and doesn't shield anything. Should I even care?

I'm guessing a custom X-Fi Forte or some expensive Sonar card?
Let me know if there's any other information I can give you to help with recommendations.
 
Asus DG xonar...This card would probably suit you just fine imo. I think it supports up to 7.1 surround. It also will provide a nice headphone sound to. And best part is...its cheap.
 
The xonar dg is a great card with good drivers and a headphone amp.

Its PCI and supports 5.1.
 
Back
Top