Noob question on lcd/HD

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
Quick question:
Can a LCD monitor with a max resolution of 1280 x 1024 show HD content from OTA? In 720p or 1080i?

Basically I have the following setup:
Amd 3800+
MSI K8T (Via chipset) NEO2
1 Gig Ram
BFG 6800gtoc
WinXP Pro sp2 fully patched (new install as of 9/25/05)
Fusionhdtv5 lite
Samsung 193p+ (19 inch LCD)
LiteOn DVDrw
LiteOn DVD

On HD OTA content I get a blank screen. But on analog I get picture and sound.

Is there driver settings on the vid card that I can adjust to the display to enable 1080i or 720p?

I have posted earlier this week, but I have learned a bunch and think this may be my problem.

do you get a picture when its running in windowed mode? i do - and its definately gotta scale 1080i to show it in a 480x270 window which it allows as a choice.

On a couple channels with too low signal strength i just get a frozen black screen. I would check your signal strength with the signal checker app to verify that first. I need 75%+ for a steady picture.

ambientZ said:
do you get a picture when its running in windowed mode?

No picture just a blank screen.

ambientZ said:
On a couple channels with too low signal strength i just get a frozen black screen. I would check your signal strength with the signal checker app to verify that first. I need 75%+ for a steady picture.

On the 7 D channels that shows a signal strength they are:
3 @ 80 to 90%
2 @ 65 to 75%
2 below 30%

don't confuse analog and HD broadcast signals. Analog is VHF wavelength, HD is UHF.
Analog your picture clarity depends on signal strength. HD you either have enough signal and get picture or don't and see nothing.
According to your '7D' at least 3 and maybe 5 should come in, but whats a '7D' ?
I don't have a HD card in my comp but my set-top-box will display 'no signal' when it doesnt get a channel.

does it work in windowed mode? You keep saying "blank screen" which to me sounds like you have it full screen which could be causing issues.

Also, check the configuration menu and the display tab, there are some options about VMR and zulu dxva which i have mine set to. Maybe some thing different than the options you have currently set will work.

It is blank in windowed mode and full screen mode. I have also played with all seetings, including VMR and Zulu dxva settings.

I have been in contact with dvico and they have been awesome trying to help me out but fear that the card itself is bad. But if you have any other ideas, I am open to trying them. Thanks!

weebling1 said:
don't confuse analog and HD broadcast signals. Analog is VHF wavelength, HD is UHF.

While this was what was originally proposed in the first talks about the transition to HDTV this is not the case now. I have 4 VHF based Digital channels that I recieve OTA.

quote:"I have 4 VHF based Digital channels that I recieve OTA."

dang!
would you please tell my local Seattle stations to get in gear with that change?
I'm 40miles out and capturing UHF is much harder than VHF (damn narrow assed wavelenghts!)

Back