noob question, help!

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
ok, so i just finally built my computer, now i just have to install windows xp. i have tried like 3 times now, and each time, something different happens. the first time all was working fine and dandy, and then my dad made me turn it off, and now, when i boot up, i guess i didn't make any settings, and it just brings me to the login screen of windowsxp. the second time, it brought me to this "customizing windows xp" screen, but then my mouse and keyboard didn't boot with the computer, so i ctrl alt del'ed it and then it brought me to the windows xp login screen. now the problem is, there's only one user:admin, and i have no idea what the password is for that. i guess what i'm asking is, is there any sort of default password for logging on as the admin in windows?

I think the password is blank, unless you set one up. If you didn't go through the system setup, you probably didn't set a password, because thats where it asks.

If all else fails, just re-install windows. Make sure to format the drive during windows install so you don't have 2 copies of windows on at the same time.

You were shown a screen while you were installing Windows that lets you type in the administrator password. Whatever you typed there is the admin's password. Also, if you didn't have keyboard or mouse support, how did you ctrl+alt+del?~

Back