noob question about vista 64bit

doug_7506

2[H]4U
ok i was just reading a post and somebody said about lowering their dsektop color from 64bit to 32bit.... it this the whole reason behined vista 64bit? and if so then why can do i not see an option to change it to 64 bit on my comp?

im using vista 64 ultimate.

thanks and im sorry if this is a bad noob question...

Uh.. yeah 64-bit color and 64-bit OS have absolutely nothing at all to do with each other.

Where did you see a 64-bit color option for desktop?

I was wondering the same thing...
I only have a 32 bit setting (HIghest) option and I'm running 64 bit Vista.

The huge plus to 64 bit OS is different memory handling which increases performance if done right. The problem is support for it- 64 bit applications that can take advantage of it, simply are not in abundance yet.

this is where i got it from

I would agree, as long as software/game companies would follow as well...or better yet lead. I am furious with EA at this point for stating on their 08 games that Vista is supported. What they failed to tell you, through sheer laziness, is that only means x86. I've asked their support group many times why the boxes don't say 64 bit OSes aren't supported, only to be given various horseshit answers, such as "lower your desktop resolution from 64 bits to 32 bits color depth, and that will solve your problem".

this is where i got it from
You misunderstood the point of that person's post. The EA tech support people gave him a nonsense answer that had nothing to do at all with reality. There is no "64-bit color" desktop.

I recommend a resource such as Google for a better answer. Google, show me.. 64-bit operating systems!

*ding*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit

As you can see, it has nothing to do with desktop color.

Yep, that was me. What angered me so much about that answer was, to anyone doing any type of desktop support, it should have blatantly obvious what I was talking about. In addition to this, anyone with half an ounce of support knowledge, working in that position, should have known that 64 bit color depth's don't even exist.

lol alright i understand know... i was confused because i hav enever herd of it... and i assumed that an EA tech knew what he was talking aobut... guess i was wrong huh.. lol
you know what assuming does huh... makes an ASS out of U and ME... lol

thanks for the replies and clarifing the subject matter...
thanks
doug

Back