• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Noob Overclocking Question: Venice 3000+

synergyo1

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
3,591
I have been following Eclipse's OC guide. Here is what I came up with for my system in my sig:

HTT: 333 - 5 = 328mhz
CPU: 2.567ghz
RAM: 245mhz

I could gone higher with the CPU, but my goal is 2.5ghz for now. I upped the voltage to 1.45v. The memory timings and voltage are stock.

So... with the data above I came up with

HTT: 278
HT: 3x
RAM Divider: 5/6 (333)

Which should yield a 2.502ghz clock with 231.6 on the memory.

Would the above settings be good? I am up for alternatives. Also what Prime Torture setting would be good to burn in the system afterwards?

Thanks
 
I oc'd my venice 3000+ from 1.8 to 2.5 and I primed it for about 12 or so hours. Then I went to play a game of BF2 and bam locked up and the music just kept repeating. Was it not stable enough?
 
chances are when you went to play BF2, ur case temperatures went up because not only was your processor under load, but your video card as well, which can make things like that happen... i had the same thing happen, was folding all day and all night, closed F@H and opened up MOH:AA and crashed...
 
Well my x800xl doesnt get above 72 and the Venice usually stays around 40c with the new zalman cooler and I have a temperature thing that shows me the temp on the front of my case and it usually doesnt get above 42c either so. It usually just happens when I have a OC big or small. I heard that BF2 just doenst like OCing.
 
Back
Top