Noob in Need of Help

A2TheRizzo

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am in the market for new speakers. Currently I have a crappy OEM logitech 5.1 setup (it was like 50 bucks), and I'm ready to upgrade. I have a Creative Soundblaster Audigy2ZS sound card.

I was wondering what kind of setup I could get for ~200-400 dollars. I don't know if that's a big enough budget for a reciever/bookshelf speaker setup. I heard the Klipsch ProMedia's were good, but I was wondering if anything could top that. (I'm one of those people with no way to put the rear speakers behind, so I have them on my desk as well.)

Thanks for any/all help in advance!

-A2TheRizzo

you have th right idea, and iwth that budget you may be able to get a receiver and a decent sub and front channles. Get a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver and that way you can add the other channel If you want them down the road. The Klipsch 2.1 are supposed to be decent but I would still gowith the receiver and speakers if I was you.

Do you have anything budget you would recommend? I'm not too familiar with the audio dept.

Thanks.

There is a thread @ head-fi.org about how to mod a X-fi Extreme to really improve sound / performance. That would leave you with about 300 to spend for speakers...

As far as reciever.. You have me at that. I have a mid-high end denon that I have used for 5 years now for my TV / living room setup. Others would be better at that than I.

Back