• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Noob friend overclocked pc?

Sirje31337

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Messages
293
So one of my good friends is living at my house because his parents kicked him out. Last night he was up late playing CS and I was sleeping(PC is in my room). He wakes me up and says "Nate, the keyboard and mouse stopped working then it started beeping so I turned it off." So I get pissed and say i'll fix it in the morning and tell him to go to bed, lol. So in the morning I turn it on and all it does is beep(the beep it does when it is starting to overheat.) So i'm assuming that he tried to overclock it(he's noobish kinda to computer hardware.) What do you guys think. Oh yea, the monitor doesn't receive a signal.
 
It's not a beep code. It's an alarm I have set to go off when the CPU reaches 55C. I will reset BIOS when I get home though.
 
Sirje31337 said:
I reset it, it works now. But he swears up and down that he didn't overclock it.


Check the CPU fan, or any other fans.
When they start to die is when it sucks the most, cause they turn on at first and stop working after 30 minutes to an hour.
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
55C is a kinda low alarm temp IMO.

Thats what my Antec Performance 1 has set before it starts flashing its warning. I have the BIOS set to shut down at 70C because thats as low as it will go.
When you know the system hovers at 45C at load even 55C could mean there is a problem.
 
Sirje31337 said:
It's not a beep code. It's an alarm I have set to go off when the CPU reaches 55C. I will reset BIOS when I get home though.

Yeah, it's kinda low, that's the kind of temperature my CPU would run at full load. At 58-60C is when my CPU would reboot! I would say 60C should be the warning temperature, and 63C should be the shutdown temperature. :)
 
Yeah, it's kinda low, that's the kind of temperature my CPU would run at full load. At 58-60C is when my CPU would reboot! I would say 60C should be the warning temperature, and 63C should be the shutdown temperature.

Well it has never gone off during any operation on the computer. Only when I push the fsb too far. So I guess that just goes to say my cooling is good.
 
Back
Top