non-SLR digital with quick shutter speeds

are there any digital cameras that arent SLR with faster shutter speeds like 800 or maybe even 1000 and above? i'd just like one that has a quick shutter speed without having to pay the price of the SLR ones.

dcresource.com is another excellent spot to look. Great reviews and search page.

The Panasonic FZ series are good choices. I have an FZ3 and it can go up to 1/2000 (albeit with some limitations on the aperture size.) They also have image stabilization which can come in handy.

I just got this thing yesterday and already took 300 pictures or so. I love this thing!

eggrock said:
dcresource.com is another excellent spot to look. Great reviews and search page.

The Panasonic FZ series are good choices. I have an FZ3 and it can go up to 1/2000 (albeit with some limitations on the aperture size.) They also have image stabilization which can come in handy.

I just got this thing yesterday and already took 300 pictures or so. I love this thing!

Agreed. Before I got in on a Canon Digital Rebel deal that was too good to pass up I was going to buy a Panasonic FZ20. Check that one out as well.

-fool

The canon G6 that i just got goes up to 1/2000 at F4.0, and 1/1000 at F2.0

i still use auto mode tho...because im a n00b :(

Back