• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Non-Sapphire 4850x2. :(

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
Has anyone heard any info on any non-sapphire 4850x2's. I've had no luck with google and I've been wondering for a while now if AMD just decided to pull the plug on the card, or if it's just been slow to the market. When I was @ the AMD Event in Chicago in December I asked them about the card and they said that the non-sapphire cards would be out shortly...

It's almost to the middle of February now and I haven't heard of single lick of news pertaining to a 4850x2 other than the Sapphire. I was hoping XFX would release one.

Kyle you know anything? :D
 
I heard rumors that the other partners were coming out with their 4850X2's recently...
Although, these were people who own the 4850X2 and were trying to defend it. So if they start posting in this thread, don't believe them until they give you a link.
 
Back on November 4th 2008 I said this:

Me said:
Sapphire is the only manufacturer that will be making this card.

I said that because these sites said these things:

Driver Heaven said:
Today we are going to look at the HD4850 X2, an exclusive beast from Sapphire set to slot in directly below the class leading 4870 X2...

TechPowerUp said:
Sapphire as one of the biggest AMD add in board partners is the first to actually deliver a HD 4850 X2. Actually based on the information we got so far, Sapphire is the only board partner who will have a HD 4850 X2.
 
there was some rumor about a reference card from ATI but so far all I have seen is sapphire. really they are not bad as a company, they just look that way compared to BFG
 
there was some rumor about a reference card from ATI but so far all I have seen is sapphire. really they are not bad as a company, they just look that way compared to BFG

ATI = who makes the card
 
Back
Top