Non-removable batteries

John S

n00b
Is it a good idea to buy a mobile phone that has a non removable battery? if yes, is it easy to replace it myself, even though, LG says it will be tough to do? The phone is a LG stylo 4?

With minimal to avg usage of email, text, browsing the internet, what is the lifespan of a non-removable batteries?

thx

I've had to replace the batteries in my phone every 18-24 months before they start to significantly degrade. My last two phones, a One M8 and Nexus 6P, both had sealed batteries and I replaced the batteries in both for $10 or so and 45 mins of the time. Samsung phones and others with glass on the back (stupid design choice) are a bit harder and more delicate to replace the batteries on. But otherwise it's not way too hard as long as you got some simple phone repair tools, which usually come with the battery you're ordering and area all that I've needed (other than my heat gun or a hair dryer will work) to replace the batteries on them. Best bet is to look up a battery replacement or disassembly video on Youtube for the phone you're interested in and seeing if you think you can handle that and will be comfortable doing it.

Back