Non Raid to Raid-0 without reinstall

breadman

Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
516
Is it possible to take a current single drive and ghost it to a new raid-0 two disk array?

The price of the hitachi 80gig sata2 drives is insane and getting two them sounds like it might be faster then the current single raptor I have now. Any thoughts on this as well?
 
A) Yes, you can Ghost the installation to the RAID-0. Make sure you have RAID enabled in the BIOS and the driver for the RAID controller installed before you make the image.

B) Those Hitachi disks in RAID-0 will still fall short of the Raptor in SLED in desktop performance.
 
But 2 Raptors in a RAID-0 are the stuff of happiness!!! :D

I know - I've got 2 of the 37Gb Raptors in a RAID-0 for my desktop.

I am always the first to enter a map on my clans CS:S server.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

 
Back
Top