• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Non OS drive

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Messages
6,346
I have a SSD for my boot / OS drive and a platter drive for storage.

It's not just storage but games and programs that I don't need to load fast. I'm thinking of upgrading that storage HD.

How is the easiest way to clone that drive? Or should I just clone it like I'd clone my start up drive?
 
you can directly clone and resize the partition as you would a normal boot drive , if your planning on keeping the old drive in the system, remember to change the drive letter if it doesnt automaticaly switch
 
you can directly clone and resize the partition as you would a normal boot drive , if your planning on keeping the old drive in the system, remember to change the drive letter if it doesnt automaticaly switch

I'm going to clone it and replace it. Old drive is coming out.

What's the easiest way to clone it? It's been awhile since I've cloned my OS drive (but I can look that up). Is that the easiest method for me?
 
simplest way would be to use the included tools from the manufacturer of your new drive (seagate/wd/etc all have cloning tools on the cd and from their site) i personally use UBCD and ShadowCopy V2.00 from a usb stick when im doing drive swaps
 
Back
Top