Non OC Mobo

ec_hern

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
107
I'm building a budget PC for a friend. He needs something to do a little video editing and not much gaming so I won't be looking to overclock it. Can anyone suggest a good budget agp board that doesn't need to overclock well? Depending on price I may consider pcie but I'm not sure yet. The system needs to be under 500.......
 
ec_hern said:
The system needs to be under 500.......

Can you please clarify this part a bit more. When you say the system do you mean everything, as in mobo, proc, case, psu, ram, vid card, hd, keyboard, mouse, etc.?
:eek:
 
MSI makes some good Cheap boards, or I'd look at ASROCK (ASUS's cheap division) they make some nicer than you expect cheap boards.. Some are the same as the ASUS but 1/2 to 2/3 the price.

Just food for thought.
 
It would be easy to build a complete system fur under 500.00, that is without a monitor. I would suggest an ECS motherboard. They are decent quality and pretty stable. I have never had an issue with them. If you have a Fry's nearby the run AMD combos almost weekly, and some of their prices cannot be beat.


Novensu
 
I have a gigabyte k8ns board I would sell for like 60$ shipped. Socket 754, I only used it for like a week.
 
Back
Top