Non-Native LCD Resolutions in Games

Which non-native resolution

  • 1280x1024

    Votes: 16 72.7%
  • 1024x768

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 800x600

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 640x480

    Votes: 1 4.5%

  • Total voters
    22

iSkylla

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
4,240
How many of you run non-native resolutions in games. I have an L90D+ that has a 1280x1024 native resolution. But in CS, I use 1024x768 because it is what I hava always used and I am used to it. I use 4x AA and 8x AF. I am just wondering if you guys use it and vote on what res you use.

If you only use your native res, check the first one.
 
generally, if the game is old enough to run at 16x12, I do that. Otherwise I try to run at 8x6, as thats an easy one to interpolate. On the occasion Im not running 8x6, I dont really notice a difference.
 
Native: 1680x1050

I play at 1280x800 or 1024x768 depending on whether the game has widescreen support or not.
 
My monitor has really poor scaling, so if there isn't an option for 1600x1200, I'll try to use a windowed mode. If that fails, I'll just skip the game altogether.
 
add 1600x1200 to the poll.

I do quite a bit of 1600x1200 with black vertical bars on a 1920x1200 monitor, just to avoiding having to scale either with the panel or with my video card. I do this mostly for bf2, since it doesn't support true widescreen and the widescreen hacks cut down the vertical resolution which is unacceptable.
 
As I currently have a 17" lcd, I try to run in native as much as possible because I find everything looks terrible. When a game doesn't support 5:4, I run the next highest 4:3. No need to do that anymore since I'm in the market for a VP2030B.
 
I always run at native when I can. I just turn stuff off when having trouble with FPS. At 1024X768 everything is blurry like I'm running around without my glasses.
 
Didn't vote since my res. isn't listed.

2007FPW is @ 1680x1050. I play Oblivion at 1440x900. I get a few more FPS at that res. but if I lower it to the next widescreen setting it lowers my FPS's.
 
Back
Top