• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Non-Generic Cooler Question

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
2FA
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
11,815
Ive got a quick, interesting question....

I got the SunBeam CCF a few months ago, and it came with a s775 mounting bracket.....it seems that the cooler has the mechanism for AMD built in already(well I know it does, since it went straight on...

my question is, can I use the bracket that came with it, to attach a Phenom II X6 1090T stock cooler to a s775 board? I just got a Q9450 pretty cheap, and want to build a lan system, but dont want to spend a whole lot on it now....and using a decent 4 Heat Pipe cooler that I have doing nothing would be pretty sweet.
 
Why don't you try it and find out? If it fits properly then there's no reason not to use it. If it doesn't, then you'll have your answer.
 
dont have a s775 board to try it on to dry fit :)

gotta get that after my vacation

edit: ive picked up the memory(4 GB DDR2 800), CPU(Q9450), HDD(a WD 320 GB), for 130.....deal was too good to pass up...just trying to figure out what I dont need to buy
 
Back
Top