Non Founder GTX-10XX street date???

Wiz33

Gawd
Anyone knows when the varies vendor will have the regular version available. I was planning on getting a EVGA 1080 FTW or SC edition eventually but my 8770 in the office just start having some weird problem. once or twice per day while I'm watching Youtube on Chrome. The screen will start to corrupt and requires a reboot. No such problem with a similar system at home with a 970. I hope it's just flash/chrome/AMD problem but if the card is dying. I may need to get a replacement sooner than expected.

I hate to say it, but the founders edition cards are really starting to look like your paying 100 dollars more for a whole lot less.....

I dont get it, like this is a straight rip off by nvidia, for those who want to buy the card 1 week before everyone else.

wow, just wow.

so if you wait 1 week, you get better cooling, more overclocing potential, more power connectors, better components 8:1 phase power, instead of 5:1.

So, NVIDIA WHAT IS THIS 100 DOLLARS FOR?

I hate to say it, but the founders edition cards are really starting to look like your paying 100 dollars more for a whole lot less.....

I dont get it, like this is a straight rip off by nvidia, for those who want to buy the card 1 week before everyone else.

wow, just wow.

so if you wait 1 week, you get better cooling, more overclocing potential, more power connectors, better components 8:1 phase power, instead of 5:1.

Of course it is, Any companies job is to make you think you're buying something you're not.

Speaking as someone on their first STRIX card, I'd def say they're worth the money.

Are these cards/chips binned?

*modest overclocker here obviously, I'm sure I could take it further if I felt like spending more than a few days reaching for that carrot

The only thing I can think of that would be worth it for someone to get a FE, is if they only do air cooling and need to blow out as much heat of out their case as possible... But if not, such a waste.

Well. The 8770 seems to be holding together so far. Hopefully, it will last till mid/late June so I can pickup a EBGA/ASUS 1080 OC. That should be OK for 4K gaming for now.

Just be patient. These cards will be coming out soon, dont rush to buy one. We are talking a matter of weeks here until the custom AIB and the cheapr than FE AIB cards are out. Giving everyone an option without being gouged.

wow, just wow.

I'm not sure you understand what a ripoff means. People willingly throwing their money at something =/= ripoff.

Anyone know where the ASUS Strix GTX 1080 will be available tomorrow? I held off on the FE, but now I'm ready to pull the trigger! My GTX 670 is getting a little long in the toof.

For 1080P I'm considering the GTX 1070. Only reason i'd consider the GTX 1080 would be if I ever got an ultra wide 34". Plus the 1070 won't get a Ti version, so less butt hurt if a 1080 Ti version is released.

for those interested in water; via twitter and evga forums seems the evga hybrid and hydro are "late June", not sure about the msi sea hawk

Soon guys. Just consider this an opportunity to save up for the best model.

Oops just realized the ASUS Strix GTX 1080 is out tomorrow not today. Hopefully some will be available somewhere I have everything for my new Skylake build arriving today! Except for the 1080. :\

Galax HOF 1080 is slated for mid to late june release, and 1070 HOF to come after.

Inno3D is the only company whom I saw had Hybrid cooled 1080 on display.

Man i love EVGA but hate the look of those cards. Honestly it's the warranty that gets me with them. I might go asus but i hate their support.

Really. I kind of thought those EVGA'S looked pretty sweet. Guess it all comes down to individual taste.
I agree entirely, i just like a modern slick look. Honestly i don't like most these designs, except for the rgb lighting.

I might end up getting Asus on my next GPU actually.

As much as I like to try EVGA, Galax or Zotac (the latter is entering our market soon), I am not sure if I'm going to be a fan of sending GPUs out of the country for RMA.

I haven't interacted with MSI yet, since my 970's still are running well.

My brother recently had to send his Gigabyte laptop in for repairs, not a fan of what they did to it. They dutifully repaired it, but restored the OS on it back to Win 8.1 lol. GPU is probably a different story.

But Asus in Taiwan is a rather different ball park, I live near a "Asus Royal Club" which, effectively, is an office dedicated to dealing with RMA's, and my experience with it has been pretty flawless (had to send in a Wireless router after it developed a faulty switch, gave me an newer model instead because they ran out of parts for the repair).

Oh, here comes my most likely option:
GTX 1070 SEA HAWK X | MSI Global | Graphics card - The world leader in display performance

Perfect low-heat/energy folding card. Nice match to my 980ti sea-hawk.
Yea I'm thinking That or an EVGA hybrid 1070 for me as well, with the new boost technology, hybrid is going to allow the card to maintain consistently high clocks which will surpass any of th ultra air cooling solutions. The DIY GTX 1080 'Hybrid' Results – Higher Stable Clock, 102% Lower Thermals article about proved that. The reviews of the 1080 and 1070 show that with higher fan speed and voltages and NO OC, the average clock speed during games increases. I feel this bodes well for the hybrid cards as they will have a legitimate performance advantage while being much quieter

Last edited:
It's looking like I'll be going for the one with the most reasonable price for how it performs. The EVGA Superclocked might be it but we'll see. The Gigabyte G1 is now listed on Newegg for $649 and they tweeted out that it will be available June 7. I opted in to be auto notified so maybe I'll jump on it if I can get to the page in time before it sells out.

What are the price points of the GTX 1070 Sea Hawk and EVGA Hybrid?

My mistake. i thought 379 was for the founder edition. So i guess 450 would be more realistic.

I basically build a rig to use one of these cards on launch date. A month and a half later still sitting on integrated graphics. In a couple of weeks, PC will be dated. Could have waited until the cards are actually out and gotten better stuff, cheaper. ugh.

I basically build a rig to use one of these cards on launch date. A month and a half later still sitting on integrated graphics. In a couple of weeks, PC will be dated. Could have waited until the cards are actually out and gotten better stuff, cheaper. ugh.
That's very strange considering they didn't launch 1.5 months ago.

Just snagged a MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X. Playing the F5 game at the Egg during a few minutes of my free time actually worked!

Back