Non Contract S4?

crb806

Weaksauce
I am planning to get a S4, but I want to use it with a service that does not have a contract and uses AT&T or verizon towers. It loooks like I can do that on NET10 with AT&T are there any other options? I think straigjhttalk discontinued their AT&T sim cards.

At&T towers- GoPhone, Red Pocket, H2O, Straight Talk(now again), Net 10, AIO wireless/
Verizon towers- Page Plus, Straight Talk

What you want to do is get the Google play edition, and use it on your pre-paid service of choice for ATT towers.

Because it is all unlocked from the factory, and has all bands unlocked (like the T-Mo varient, whereas the ATT one has some bands locked, along with the boot loader). You can use any S4 rom on any S4, so the Play edition one just makes the most sense from the being unlocked point of view (Sim unlocked along with bootloader unlocked)

Because it is all unlocked from the factory, and has all bands unlocked (like the T-Mo varient, whereas the ATT one has some bands locked, along with the boot loader). You can use any S4 rom on any S4, so the Play edition one just makes the most sense from the being unlocked point of view (Sim unlocked along with bootloader unlocked)

Also, the normal S4 is a laggy ugly mess (I've got one in my pocket) and the GPe is deliciously awesome.

I've replaced the stock rom with the GE 4.3 Rom on my att GS4. It is MUCH smoother than the touchwiz skin samsung loads on the default S4 (from att, tmobile etc). The GE GS4 from google would be best. You would also get future android updates promptly upon release. The recent 4.3 rollout was quick considering the GE editions were released with android 4.2.2. The standard touchwiz based GS4 still hasn't received the update yet, and I dont' think it will for a long while.

Get the GPE, everything's unlocked so you have the freedom to go on any carrier. I got the AT&T one and while it's smooth (IMO), I've noticed my friend's GPE GS4 being much smoother. Wish I read about the update before I updated since they patched it and I can't replace the rom for now.

Back