non activated win 10

arkade

n00b
Hi can anyyone help me out yesterday i tried to play doom and it opened in low resolution and also i could see the water mark " please activate windows". Then i rearmed windows but stil i cannot set a higher res than like 1600 x 1200. I tried reinstalling graphics drivers but to no avail. I have rx vega 64, win 10 64 bit. 6600k. It seems like and update is forcing me into playing a low res? also i tried mafia 3 and its the same i cannot set a high res. I am usning an lg 27ud9p 4k monitor.

Any help please?

Bear in mind that 'legit' licenses can't be purchased for forty bucks....;)

Is there something funky with the windows serial you're currently using? And by "Re-Arm" do you mean using one of those windows serial # hacks?

If that's the case, just buy a legit win 7 or 10 serial. There's are multiple [H] members selling legit grey market or corporate or recycled oem keys. A few seconds of searching and I've found Win 10 Pro for only $15 on here

https://hardforum.com/threads/offic...tte-mod-kits-sprint-note-3-laptop-i5.1935737/

Is there something funky with the windows serial you're currently using? And by "Re-Arm" do you mean using one of those windows serial # hacks?

If that's the case, just buy a legit win 7 or 10 serial. There's are multiple [H] members selling legit grey market or corporate or recycled oem keys. A few seconds of searching and I've found Win 10 Pro for only $15 on here

https://hardforum.com/threads/offic...tte-mod-kits-sprint-note-3-laptop-i5.1935737/

Windows for 15 bucks is as legit as the rearm trick lol. It's a recycled OEM key for sure and against the EULA.

If it's an OEM / corporate key, someone paid for it - you're just paying less for it. I'll spend $15 to a fellow H]'er who's using their corporate discount to get the keys anyday. Better than Kinguin or those other sites.

But if that makes you feel guilty, find a student (or if you're a student) who can get the academic version.

Given the spyware nature of Windows 10, they should be paying us to use it!

If it's an OEM / corporate key, someone paid for it - you're just paying less for it. I'll spend $15 to a fellow H]'er who's using their corporate discount to get the keys anyday. Better than Kinguin or those other sites.

But if that makes you feel guilty, find a student (or if you're a student) who can get the academic version.

Given the spyware nature of Windows 10, they should be paying us to use it!

Yeah, corporate keys aren't that cheap and it's against the EULA to resell OEM/corporate keys.

The simple fact that the key activates, doesn't in any way make it legit. If the OS is a good as people believe it to be, people shouldn't have an issue paying full price for it.

I think MS doesnt care much about that right now, what they want are market shares, regardless how.

I think MS doesnt care much about that right now, what they want are market shares, regardless how.

The problem is that the CEO of MS can be quoted as claiming that Windows 10 usage is declining....

MS don't care for the OS industry anymore, they make far more $$ in the cloud.

Do you remember Steve Ballmer's speech: "...Developers Developers Developers..Developers Developers Developers..Developers.. Developers Developers..Developers Developers Developers.."

Now it is: "Desktop-OS Market Share over everything". I think they actually would like to hand it out for free but that might upset some shareholders. What they did and till do till 31.12.`17 is not much different.

Following Apple's and Google's path of giving it away for free. Tie them into your ECO-CAGE, then slave them and pull their money, slowly but steadily with 0.99cent bills, every month, over years, x 100m customers.

Makes far more money than any OS I assume. Otherwise they'd be shooting their own foot over years, and they don't

He is probably trying to do the perpetual trial mode where you don't buy a license you just keep rearming it to stay in trial mode. He probably ran out of rearms.

Probably not related, but there was an outage of the Windows 10 activation server at the end of last week. Even MS's own tech team had to use the phone activation method to get me up and running with a new MoBo.

Do you remember Steve Ballmer's speech: "...Developers Developers Developers..Developers Developers Developers..Developers.. Developers Developers..Developers Developers Developers.."

Now it is: "Desktop-OS Market Share over everything". I think they actually would like to hand it out for free but that might upset some shareholders. What they did and till do till 31.12.`17 is not much different.

Following Apple's and Google's path of giving it away for free. Tie them into your ECO-CAGE, then slave them and pull their money, slowly but steadily with 0.99cent bills, every month, over years, x 100m customers.

Makes far more money than any OS I assume. Otherwise they'd be shooting their own foot over years, and they don't

I don't feel enslaved while on OSX. It's quite enjoyable - especially when you don't have to pay the hardware yourself.

Neither Google nor Apple nor Microsoft have inescapable ecosystems, and by design every one of those ecosystems has a very functional free tier. Microsoft more so cuz really who buys MS Store apps lol.

Back