Nomination: DC'er of the Month - October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
Who is worthy of this honor?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

More rules and policies are below.

Nominate the best and the brightest!

From the [H]ard|DCer of the Month - FAQ and [H]all of fame:

Q: What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?

Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the begining of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.

Q: How do things work?

Nominations are held for 10 days starting on the 1st of each month. The nominated people move onto a poll and the Poll will be open for 10 days following the end of the nomination thread. The remaining part of the month is reserved for congratulating the winner and have fun. Same as before, vote for whoever you want, for whatever reaons you want. If there is a tie, a runoff will be held. After the winner is chosen, they are interviewed so the entire team can see what makes them tick.

For the [H]ard|DCer of the Year, there is no nominations thread because the only worthy candidates is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month winners for the current year. The poll to choose a winner is done in 2 steps : The first poll will include all 12 winners for the current year and we select only the best 4 winners which will participate in the next round. If there is a tie in the first 4 ranks, the tie winners will move together. In the second round, the one with the most votes will be declared the winner but if there is a tie, a runoff vote will be held. Each step will last 10 days.

Q: What does the winner get as prize?

Being that there is no cash flow funding the [H]ard|DCer award, there is only so much we can do in the way of prizes The [H]|DCers do not have a physical prize, but thanks to Kyle and the rest of the gang, we still have something to give winners. All winners will receive a custom title showing off their achievement.

Q: Are there any rules for this?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.

You cannot nominate yourself.

Hard DCer of the Year winners are excluded forever.

Any contestation or question about the nomination thread should be done via PM.

Last edited:
AgrFan for all of his continued hard work in DC Vault crunching.

Gilthanis, for supporting the DC Vault crunching and bringing to light newer projects to the team members.

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tobit

Cause hes my bruddah yo!!!!!!

Well all of you might laugh at this, but I would like to nominate IsaacQuinn. Now you may ask why I would nominate someone at the bottome of our production list. Well he seems to be atleast contributing steady points to the cause. And I feel every point we get, even if it is an old machine running a unicode fulltime,is a step in the right direction and those people need to be reconized too.

Well all of you might laugh at this, but I would like to nominate IsaacQuinn. Now you may ask why I would nominate someone at the bottome of our production list. Well he seems to be atleast contributing steady points to the cause. And I feel every point we get, even if it is an old machine running a unicode fulltime,is a step in the right direction and those people need to be reconized too.

like 402 said, production is only a small portion and actually points really don't matter for hard DC'er. its about what you put toward the team, the project and the DC community on [H] and any where else. trust me if i can win it anyone can, lol.

Well all of you might laugh at this, but I would like to nominate IsaacQuinn. Now you may ask why I would nominate someone at the bottome of our production list. Well he seems to be atleast contributing steady points to the cause. And I feel every point we get, even if it is an old machine running a unicode fulltime,is a step in the right direction and those people need to be recognized too.

ok...So you nominated someone based on lack of points instead of points...
Not sure that is any better than what most whine about...
Might I ask when his other contributions are... I can't seem to find him in the forum...

on another note...

I nominate Freaky for always being the team cheerleader...
For pushing with everything he has got and for convincing others to do the same.

Last edited:
I just ended up picking his name because he was one of the lowest points people that was consistant. It seems like most of the names that keep getting picked our the top tier people. Just one of the reason I normally don't even look at the nomination thread anymore. But I was in the mood that day to spend the time going through the bottom of the list of produciton people.

I just ended up picking his name because he was one of the lowest points people that was consistant. It seems like most of the names that keep getting picked our the top tier people. Just one of the reason I normally don't even look at the nomination thread anymore. But I was in the mood that day to spend the time going through the bottom of the list of produciton people.

The reason you see the more top tier points wise people picked is because those are typically the ones involved in more ways than just having a borg silently folding away.
and since this is for [H]ard DC'er of the month... they tend to look for those pushing harder in as many ways as possible... hope onto irc sometime.... we don't bite. (often/hard) ;)

The reason you see the more top tier points wise people picked is because those are typically the ones involved in more ways than just having a borg silently folding away.
and since this is for [H]ard DC'er of the month... they tend to look for those pushing harder in as many ways as possible... hope onto irc sometime.... we don't bite. (often/hard) ;)

I bite though, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My nomination for this month is punchy from EVGA. No one has done more to fire up this team than he has with his constant ranting, accusing, and complaining.

I also nominate Punchy. He has lent constant "encuragement" for the [H] to retake the #1 spot. Through his posts we have been abale to galvinize the [H]orde into a near unstopable jugernaught. I'm not sure we could have done it without him.

My nomination for this month is punchy from EVGA. No one has done more to fire up this team than he has with his constant ranting, accusing, and complaining.

I also nominate Punchy. He has lent constant "encuragement" for the [H] to retake the #1 spot. Through his posts we have been abale to galvinize the [H]orde into a near unstopable jugernaught. I'm not sure we could have done it without him.

I can get behind this! He has helped our team pull together very strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for punchy. He always has something inspirational to say.

This is looking very promising for Punchy. I am somewhat excited.:)

I'm also going to have to add my +1 for Punchy.

My motivation is not simply because he's motivated us here at the [H] to fold harder but also because he's actually inspired a whole lot of other folks at EVGA to start folding or to fold harder. It's sorta a win-win for both teams and for the project in general.

I can get behind this! He has helped our team pull together very strong!

This is looking very promising for Punchy. I am somewhat excited.:)

My motivation is not simply because he's motivated us here at the [H] to fold harder but also because he's actually inspired a whole lot of other folks at EVGA to start folding or to fold harder. It's sorta a win-win for both teams and for the project in general.

Finally a worthy candidate.

+8 for Punchy, he has been a great inspiration and has done more to motivate our team than most other people!

I nominate Sc0tty8. This guy never shuts up about folding. It's folding 24/7. He's torched more hardware than I can remember to eek out a few more PPD and continually harasses me when my updates are not big enough. I call him Folding Sally, because all he wants to do is fold all day.

I nominate Sc0tty8. This guy never shuts up about folding. It's folding 24/7. He's torched more hardware than I can remember to eek out a few more PPD and continually harasses me when my updates are not big enough. I call him Folding Sally, because all he wants to do is fold all day.
Yeah, but he has no class. :D

Finally a worthy candidate.

Thats a bit of an unfair statement.

Everyone who is nominated is a worthy canidate in some way or form.

Just because u got HDCotY for 2011 doesnt mean you can bash us little people now (btw, this comment is sarcastic)....

I might say here that tear's humor can bit a bit dry.....

desert.jpg

Finally my evil plan has been exposed!

I'm just not worthy to be seen with someone with such leet spelling skills. ;)

$0 w3 c@n $7ill m33t @7 7h3 sam3 pl@ce @nD 7H3 5@m3 7iM3?

So we can still meet at the same place and the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back