Nokia FTW!

They will buy it, and give you a gift card towards the purchase of a Lumia.

They said $89 for my Galaxy Nexus... Fuck that. I'd rather keep the phone and hang it on the wall for an art peice for that chump change...

Funny enough, that fits into what I've been saying for a long time now. You couldn't pay me to take a Windows Phone.

Yeah, at least HTC guaranteed $100 for any phone.

The phone I want to trade in to Nokia would be $15... Samsung Focus

Same service used by Samsung, HTC, Apple, Verizon, and others for their trade ins. Nothing special with this program. Still, good to seem them offering it at all.

Same service used by Samsung, HTC, Apple, Verizon, and others for their trade ins. Nothing special with this program. Still, good to seem them offering it at all.

NO. STOP. I THINK YOU HAVE CONFUSED YOURSELF.

;) :D

lol

They should bring back the rigged WP challenge they did with WP7 when it launched. It was funny how people would beat them at their own challenges on other platforms, then they would change the rules/stipulations like a 6 year old after they had been beaten and not honor their contests claims.

They should bring back the rigged WP challenge they did with WP7 when it launched. It was funny how people would beat them at their own challenges on other platforms, then they would change the rules/stipulations like a 6 year old after they had been beaten and not honor their contests claims.

I remember that incident. Made me lose some respect for what they were trying to do with the platform.

OH yes and the hundreds of thousands of WP threads on [H]

LOL, what does that have to do with anything? After messing with Android for 5 years It is nice to have a change, and it is a change for the better. That's all.

Besides, when was the last time this place had hundreds of thousands of anything going on? Slow these days.

Hah, my trade-up estimate for my Nokia N8-00 is only $30. Nokia makes the best phones on the market, but they don't cater to the market. At least make 1 phone that uses Android and see how that sells.

I've said it countless times... If Nokia made the 920/925/928 running Android, I'd literally throw my money at them.

I've said it countless times... If Nokia made the 920/925/928 running Android, I'd literally throw my money at them.

I wouldn't, WP8/8.1 seems far more attracting as someone who's never used smartphones. Plus Android is a horrible resource/battery hog.

I wouldn't, WP8/8.1 seems far more attracting as someone who's never used smartphones. Plus Android is a horrible resource/battery hog.

That battery statement is kind of laughable. My HTC One lasts a LOT longer than my 920 ever did. Windows 8 was great, but some issues are just dealbreakers, new user or not.

Then buy an S3, hardware spec wise that's basicly what you are getting. Like it or not, its the OS that makes the Lumina series shine, beyond the build quality.

Then buy an S3, hardware spec wise that's basicly what you are getting. Like it or not, its the OS that makes the Lumina series shine, beyond the build quality.

I think that the Lumia is a highly desired phone for a few reasons, aside from the OS and build quality.

• Aesthetics
  • Availability of colors
  • Camera quality (the S3 doesn't compare)
  • The company behind it is known for long-term support

If Nokia were to build an Android device, it would get a long, hard look from me. I was a big Nokia fan before I switched to Android.

Lets see... (Amongst many other phones) I've owned an S3, a 920, a Note 2, nexus 4, and now a One. Please don't tell me what i should or shouldn't want or buy, as the camera, screen, BUILD QUALITY and the FORM FACTOR of the 920 was what I was talking about.

And no, it's the OS of the LUMIA that made me swap back to Android. I'll check back in when WP8 can do simple things that modern OSes should, like text reflow and remembering what emails were selected without having to check each one all over again. But hey, thanks again for trying to dictate my preferences.

Got rid of my Lumia from one reason - very, very poor battery life. I'd gladly come back to WP8 smartphone, because I like the system, if they would make a phone that can make few photos, use spotify, browse web and talk through it, that would not go down faster than a whore for a sailor. I'd never consider Nokia again, until they take their heads out of bottom and start making hardware that can match the good software.

Got rid of my Lumia from one reason - very, very poor battery life. I'd gladly come back to WP8 smartphone, because I like the system, if they would make a phone that can make few photos, use spotify, browse web and talk through it, that would not go down faster than a whore for a sailor. I'd never consider Nokia again, until they take their heads out of bottom and start making hardware that can match the good software.

Not heard of Lumia 720? Goes for days even with heavy usage. Also, the battery life has improved a lot on the 920 since the release.

Amber update is coming in august and WP8.1 later on. It's good.

Anecdotal "evidence" being what it is, this is mostly tongue-in-cheek, but at a party the other weekend I was amazed to meet the *second* person ever who owned a Windows phone. His was one of the latest Nokia Win 8 models.

The other one was an "early adopter" type who got it over a year ago, when they were still Windows 7 phones.

Both were electrical engineers. Probably not a pattern but who knows...

Ya this is nothing new its a joke really in fact sprint will do it with any phone, I bet most carriers will, they give you practically nothing for your phone. It's always way less than you could get on ebay and you would have been better off giving your phone to a family member or kid to play with.

Nokia has nothing to offer, bad battery life, sealed batteries and they don't make any components they are just getting run over by Asian makers who actually make parts and can leverage vertical integration. The real loser here was MS who ever bothered to try to save a sinking ship.

It's a 4,3" screen... anything over 720p is overkill, 480p is more than capable. After all you can get three 720's for the price of one HTC One :p

True, but anything less than 250 PPI (720 is 217 PPI) is garbage on a phone and the phone has 720 in the name! It should be 720p damnit! Lol

And the HTC one is three times more expensive because it's three times better :p.

True, but anything less than 250 PPI (720 is 217 PPI) is garbage on a phone and the phone has 720 in the name! It should be 720p damnit! Lol

And the HTC one is three times more expensive because it's three times better :p.

Maybe garbage on Android but WP8 is very merciful on lower PPI. And no, 720's camera is actually better than the one on HTC One :p

Nokia has nothing to offer, bad battery life, sealed batteries and they don't make any components they are just getting run over by Asian makers who actually make parts and can leverage vertical integration. The real loser here was MS who ever bothered to try to save a sinking ship.
Just the best cameras by far, and no battery life isn't bad, time to update your infos.

Last edited:
The battery life on my Lumia 920 is better than on my Galaxy S (with just replaced 1650mAh GS+ battery) so that is nice, easily lasts one full day. Though it could be better, as always. 720 is great mid/mid- device but obviously not top device.

350 for my iPhone 5 lol. But I could easily sell on craigslist for 500+

The tests tend to disagree with your opinion on battery life. 500 minutes call time lower than Xperia Z, 170 minutes less of internet use than SIV. Worse battery than even in iPhone 4.

Source: http://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/phones-3/best-phone-battery-life-samsung-galaxy-note-2-s4/

The site reports over 30% less than what is on the specs of 920, could be something wrong there? And it doesn't have the 720, which is by far the best lumia considering battery life. Thing lasts for days and days even if you talk or browse the web.

HAHA, you posted a review from a Nokia site?!?! HAHA... wow.

If you guys have nothing else to say than HAHAHAHA you can shut up or post reviews that show something different.

Last edited:
Funny, you couldn't pay me to go back to Android.

Agreed, although till my contract is up I'm still stuck on android. I'm running and never looking back. Iphone, Windows, Dumb phone, IDC get me away from Android.

I'm sure peoples android experience differs between devices since carries/makers tweak things because they apparently employ better programmers and know how to make a better phone OS than than google.

I'm on a Galaxy s3 and hate hate hate it.

Back