noises after ocing cpu

bigsausage

n00b
i have the asus p5n32-e sli plus mobo and e6600. after i oc my cpu, regardless how much i oc, i always get this quiet high pitch noise coming out from the case. i dont know if its from the vibrations of the copper cooling pipes or what not. it just irritating and since then i just use stock speed to avoid this problem...

must be ur cpu fan speeding up a little becuse u are producing more heat from ur overclock

it snot the fan, the noise only comes when im using my cpu, such as loading a website, the noise appear briefly or loading some programs. the fan doesnt make high pitch metal screeching sound. its like the copper cooling pipes r resonating at very high frequency and produce a high pitch sound or watever

e6600, zalman 9700, corsairs hx 620, corsairs pc6400c4, p5n32-e sli plus, 8800 gts 640mb. i dont think its power supply problem...

Weird... id start pulling the power to your fans and see if the noise goes away. Try playing with the voltage to your CPU to see if it changes.

pull ur cpu fan and see if the noise goes coz i think its just raising the rpm when ur cpu is under load

Back