Noise on new computer

vietkangta

Limp Gawd
So i bought 5 of the recommended scythe fans, both at 1200rpm sized 120mm.

I installed it today along with my noctua cooler for the i7 920, and i noticed that it was really loud.

So i disabled 2 of the scythe fans on the top of my tower and its still somewhat noisy.

So now im using 3 scythe fans and the noctua cooler which has 2 of its own fans.

Its suppose to be silent, buts its nowhere near silent. Is there a way i can reduce the noise?

if you are talking about the noctua being loud.. it should of come with the special connectors to change the rpms..

i meant the overall sound in the case is loud, Not too sure what is attributing to it.

Wouldn't using the adaptors make my cpu warmer. I guess i can give it a try.

If you have one of those gamer cases then it's gonna be loud no matter what fan you put in. What kind of case do you have?

Buy a decent fan controller. And by decent I mean one that will allow you full control of voltage from zero to 12 (unlike the vast majority of crap out there which goes from 7-12).

And you've just learnt the hard way that when you see somoene on the internet say something is 'quiet', assume they mean 'loud', and when they audaciously say 'silent', assume 'almost reasonably quiet'.

People :rolleyes:...

Last edited:
The Scythe 1200rpm fans are not quiet at full speed, the 1200rpm fans are used because they undervolt the best and have the best CFM to noise ratio, if you did not plan on getting a controller, you should have gotten the 800rpm model.

i guess i'm going to get the scythe fan controller. Im running it inside a coolermaster 690

i guess i'm going to get the scythe fan controller. Im running it inside a coolermaster 690

I use one as well, try and keep the fans under 1000rpm. If you want to go a bit farther, cut out the stamped case grills, did wonders for my CM590.

Back