• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Noise Noise Noise

Shogo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
389
HI, i have a maxtor 120gb 8m 7200, wich is making ALOT of noise when loading. Compared to my other HDD, this one is making alot of noise.

I can exchange it for 90$USD so i will sell it, but now, i need a replacement piece.

I dont know if i should go with 36gb raptor 10k, because i dont know anything about these, i just heard that its less noisy and loads faster.

I dont really need 120gb...... 80gb is enough.... but if a 36gb raptor is worth it, i could use 36gb....

Whats the more silencious 7200rpm that you know ?
Can i use only one HDD.
Where can i get info on RAID and Raptor blablabla

thank you!
 
A roptor wouldn't be the way to go if you wanted less noise. Since raptors spin at 10,000rpm they actually produce more noise than most 7200rpm drives, especially while reading/writing. If you are looking for something that is quiet, check out any HD with FDB (fluid dynamic bearings) such as:
120 gb Maxtor with FDB

Hope this helps.

Aux
 
If you want quiet a Seagate 7200.7 or 7200.8 is a good choice. I can't hear mine unless I put my ear right up to them.
 
Back
Top