NOD32 vs. Symantec Corp v10

puphus

Limp Gawd
Any thoughts on which is better, i.e., better coverage, less resources?

For coverage go here, performance should tip towards NOD32 that's my experience (it feels a bit lighter).

-E

Well I can tell you I used to administer NAV CE for a number of years and have changed to NOD32 corporate last May. It does everything that NAV CE can do with less resources used on the pc and fewer problems. Actually no problems at all to report with NOD32.
If you're looking for a recommendation from a hands on user, count me as one. After installing NOD32 on the machines I would run the "in depth analysis" scan on each machine. A number of the pc's found a few viruses, most hidden in java folders which NAV completely missed.

I like NOD32 way more then NAV Corp. I switched to NOD32 about a year ago for personal use and I love it. So light on resources.I definately recommend it.

I love my nod32, "really" stop laughing at me. Yes you can love code, whatever

J/K

For years and years and years...I did Sym CE installs for clients...over a year and a half ago began using NOD32, getting familiar with their Enterprise Edition. I started disliking Symantecs licensing games with version 9, and began hating their increasingly bloated product with version 10....never selling anymore of it again, 100% flipped over to NOD32. All my clients running Symantec are getting switched to NOD32 as Symantecs licenses expire.

Much less expensive
Much more powerful management console
Much more effective in bagging the bad guys (Every single time I replace Symantec with NOD32....that very first night the NOD32 management console is lighting up with clients reporting in with baddies found that Symantec never saw)
Much lighter in resources...clients often remark that their workstations feel faster
If you ever need it, great support
Much more frequent updates...often at least several per day.

NOD32 and Kapersky are the ( IMO) top two AV products out there. I like NOD32 because it's lighter in resource usage...I can even leave it fully enabled while playing Battlefield2. I've never seen that with any other AV app.

I use Symantec Corp 9 (provided to all Army personnel free for personel use).
I find that it is a really decent AV product and don't notice any slowdowns because of it. Now, SAV 10 is an entirely different story, resource hog.

As I've said in every antivirus post:

NOD32 = best AV in the industry

Sym Corp 10 is HoRRible! It hogs down the servers so bad that you have to have a dedicated server, and it congests the network like crazy. One question though that is slightly off topic. For those that have tried it... what are your opinions between Avast Server and NOD32 Server network setup?

Raystream

Back