NOD32 -VISTA Question

kilgore777

Gawd
I have read a number of posts/user reviews that talk about NOD32 being difficult to configure. How accurate is this? I consider myself as middle of the road in my knowledge of computers - somewhere between Dr. An Wang and a mentally challenged tadpole....

Are the complexities overstated or am I likely to get a big headache if I get NOD32? Should I go with something wimpier? I have downloaded the trial version of NOD32, but came accross nothing tricky.

Also, if I get NOD 32, is it a good idea to get an addition spyware program, since nothing gets them all?

Thanks, all.

Do you think you'll need to tweak it? Its heuristics can be better, yes, but stock is just fine. I run it as-is and I've had zero problems. It doesn't do anything for spyware, so you'll want Windows Defender at least. Maybe SpywareBlaster for immunization.

Do you think you'll need to tweak it? Its heuristics can be better, yes, but stock is just fine. I run it as-is and I've had zero problems. It doesn't do anything for spyware, so you'll want Windows Defender at least. Maybe SpywareBlaster for immunization.

check your facts my friend.. this is from ESET.com

"...ESET NOD32 was designed from the core as a single, highly-optimized engine that works as a unified Anti-Threat system to protect against a broad spectrum of malware. Viruses, worms, spyware, and other malicious attacks, which are constantly evolving..."

I still recommend using SpywareBlaster and suggest you consider Comodo's BOClean, however NOD32 does understand what malware is and has measures to protect against it.

check your facts my friend.. this is from ESET.com

"...ESET NOD32 was designed from the core as a single, highly-optimized engine that works as a unified Anti-Threat system to protect against a broad spectrum of malware. Viruses, worms, spyware, and other malicious attacks, which are constantly evolving..."

Big god-damn deal.

Thanks guys - you helped me decide- I'm going to go with NOD32 and a supplementary Spyware app (or two).

Back