NOD32 not supported by Vista, is any virus program?

arkk

Limp Gawd
I'm gonna install Vista to check it out but it says NOD32 isn't supported. Are any virus-scan programs supported? Or should I just not worry about it?

NOD32 2.7 is supported by Vista so make sure you get this version. 2.5 isn't supported.

2.7 was in beta for about 3 weeks and was perfect with RC2. It went final version about 2 weeks ago.

I'm runing "avast!" under Vista x64 and it is working very nicely. The Office/Mail integration seems quite happy with Office 2007 as well.

Under XP x86 I used to run Norton AV 2006, which was ok, if a bit of a pig (way too much stuff I didn't need or want). I'd never gotten around to trying anything else, but given all Symantec's bitching about getting special kernel hooks and not having anything I could use right away for x64 I figured I would ... and I like what I'm seeing.

One nice thing with Vista is that the integrted blocking firewall, while basic at a feature level, also isn't bloated with all the worthless broken shit that crept into ZoneAlarm over the years (ad-blocking that blocked everything BUT ads for one!) ...

So /wave Norton and /wave ZoneAlarm ... all I wanted was basic functionality, not the take over of my entire systems ...

Back