NOD32 can't finish a scan...

Kahnvex

2[H]4U
Hi there!

wondering if anybody can recommend me a stand alone scanning for a real nasty malware/trojan infestation I'm trying to get cleaned off of a clients PC.

I run nod, and generally, whenever a computer is so funky I can't hardly get windows to start, I pull the drive, and scan it on my troubleshooting rig. Currently, there is something in there causing Nod to stop mid-scan, no error, no nada. It just quits.

I've tried all the usual suspects, but I'm wondering if anyone has something I don't know about that they use.

Ideas?

If you can get out to the internet with it, a trip to Housecall might work. Sometimes, if I'm cleaning off someone's PC and not having any luck with local AV apps, I'll go to Housecall instead.

Thanks. I've used that a couple times, I'll give it a shot on this one.

I managed to get almost all of it cleaned, but there were a lot of unknown viruses that Nod recognized as threats, but couldn't identify. Something is still making it quit out, but I've got it figured to be something in the User documents folders under documents and settings, so it's close, I just need to put a few more hours towards it.

Back