NoD 32 File scanning

Flak Pyro

Gawd
I have been using NoD 32 for about a month now and i notice that it is amazingly fast at scanning files, but i also notice a problem, on my USB jump drive, windows reports 399 files, when i scan the drive with NoD 32 it only says 96 files were scanned, in the advanced tab i have everything but email files checked. What is the problem here is there even is any? I notice this when scanning directories too. (Just scanned a directory with 194 files and it is only showsing 84 files scanned inside nod 32.

Thanks

You can also set it to scan archives. It isn't by default.

I believe that NOD32 only scans "standard virus carriers" by default - when you do a manual scan.

The AMON scans every file touched by the OS, including when it handles archives.

The IMON scan everything your Browser touches, including archives(trust me I know this for a fact).

The DMON scans office docs - don't know much about it.

NOD32 can manually scan inside archives(deep scan), but it takes forever because it has to extract the files before it can scan them.
And AMON should find it anyways when you extract the archive.

That's the way I've interprented it.

Retardo said:
for ppl who use NOD32...do yall leave the settngs at default?
I do not. I changed the defrag thresholds on my partitions. (They vary according to need.) Also, I defragment a bunch of locked files at boot.

True answer: Yes.

EDIT: If this post makes no sense whatever, it's because I had O&O in mind, not NOD32. Some days it doesn't pay to wake up.

I to bought from their website.

The most effective setting in NOD32 is :

The ability to protect the program settings with a password!
That way it is almost impossible for a virus to manipulate the settings.

Now I'm almost done I think ;):)

well...i want to buy NOD. Im trying out the trail version right now and I cant figure out how to scan a certain folder. Is there a way to do that? The only scanning thing i see is scanning an entire drive.

Retardo said:
well...i want to buy NOD. Im trying out the trail version right now and I cant figure out how to scan a certain folder. Is there a way to do that? The only scanning thing i see is scanning an entire drive.
Right click on the folder that you want to scan. Then, click on the Nod32 entry.

I am thinking about getting NOD32. Is this software a lot better than Norton AV 04?

Back