Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 mounting hardware NOT included?

rush24t3

2[H]4U
A friend of mine, doing his due diligence in pre-purchase research, was looking at the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 cooler for a Nehalem setup, to pair with an MSI X58 Pro mainboard.

According to Noctua's site, the cooler is compatible with the X58 Pro...but notes that it requires an "LGA1366 mounting kit."

Seeing as how this particular model is an LGA 1366 cooler, color me confused. The product box states (or seems to intimate, anyway) it has the mounting hardware included.

My friend's ready to buy today (holmes is upgrading from a COPPERMINE), so if anyone who has this particular cooler who can confirm or disconfirm that the appropriate mounting hardware comes with it, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

I got the exact same cooler. Comes with mounting kit and 2 fans. However make sure you pic the SE1366 model. The other models of the same cooler (missing the SE1366 part in the name) comes without mounting kit for i7 and with only 1 fan if i remember correctly.

if you bought the exact item that you linked it will come with 2 fans and the mounting kit for socket 1366.
I bought it :)

Back