Noctua NH-U12F, anyone use it?

ap3rtis

Limp Gawd
I'm very close to buying this heatsink, and have read very good reviews on it, but would like some user comments if there are any. Also, I would be mounting it on the ds3 in a p180b case. Any compatability issues I should know about?

Thanks

I have been considering this for my next build. The only issue causing hesitation is one of case size as I have not decided on a full tower or micro case yet.

ya I dunno, theres also the NH-U9F that I'm thinking about. Because I would like to mount it vertically (fan blowing towards the back), but my northbridge will get in the way. So I am looking at their northbridge cooler as well, which is way thinner than the stock one on the ds3, so I might be able to just barely squeeze the 120mm hs and the northbridge in. But if I got the 90mm one, I would definitely be able to fit it vertically. The only issue is more noise and likely not as good cooling.

i got the U9 and just installed it. been testing to see how it does on my 3800x2 at 2.5 and 1.42v. i got mine from frozencpu and it came with the stock fan from noctua. nice fan, pushes some good air, but just cant keep the heat down. im running about 52-58 load vs 42-49 load with a tornado. ((Folding@home load)) i set the tornado to the mobo header and allowed it to be controlled by "cool n quiet" makin it ALMOST not ear piercing loud :D . my reccomendation would be to pick up one of these http://www.svc.com/pahywabefb1.html or something in that range to boost the cooling potential. the sink comes with an extra set of 92mm fan clips if you want to go push-pull, and hardware to install it facing any direction you want. g/l

Back