Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Noctua NH-C14S CPU cooler is on the test bench at techPowerUp today. If you are looking for a new heatsink that is quiet, performs well and is easy to install, you might want to give this review the once over.

Today, I will be looking at the Noctua NH-C14S. This new variation on the older NH-C14 appears to be no more than a minor update until you take a closer look. The design is offset to increases compatibility with motherboard expansion slots. This makes the NH-C14S more compatible with mini-ITX and micro-ATX motherboards. It's also a single-fan offering where the older NH-C14 used two fans, which allows the cooler to offer better memory and case compatibility. In the age of tower coolers, it will be interesting to see how this top-flow design performs.

Spendy, but you get what you pay for. Noctua coolers are damn near works of art, as anyone who has used one will attest.

I have 2 Noctua's in my dual Xeon workstation. The CPU fans are whisper silent. I hear the system fans over them even at full load with 12/24 cores at max. Even at startup you hear a "WHOOSH" and then dead silence.

You get what you pay for and they are worth every damn penny

Was looking at picking up one of these or the ACLF 240 for my 3770k. Little worried about the AIO's hoses busting though so I think this might be the better option.

Back