Noctua Fans - 20% off

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
I know the general consensus is "FUCK NEWEGG" because of how they fucked over [H] and I completely agree... HOWEVER 20% off the best fans ever made is worth visiting IMO

Its not on all the fans but its on most of their redux line, which have gotten pretty good reviews and still have a 6 year warranty.

Code: EMCANNT29

Newegg Noctua

Hmm...it seems Newegg raised their prices on Noctua fans, I bought some NF-F12s for $22 less than a month ago, now they are $27. They know what they are doing :)

OF course the NF-F12 iPPC 3000rpm are out of stock.
Then again even with 20% same as I paid on amazon.

I got these guys:
NF-P14s

came to around $16 a fan without tax, compared to amazon at 19.99 plus tax

Jumped on this yesterday. I ordered two Noctua case fans for a build I'm working on, because the CPU fan is also a Noctua and I really didn't feel there was enough tan and brown.

Got some coming from aMAZON for same price :)

Should sound like a jet if for some reason temps go super high.

for the price of fans i just find a box fan that will fit in case with panel off and puff the whole pc gets cool for 1/2 the price of buying 2-3 fans. But im ghetto and don't like to waste money

I run only Noctua fans in my build. Really great performance for the amount of DBs they push.

I like the NF-A14 IPPC 140mm 2000rpm model:

Rotational Speed (+/- 10%) 2000 RPM
Airflow 182,5 m³/h
Acoustical Noise 31,5 dB(A) <<--- probably closer to 40db, but still...
Static Pressure 4,18 mm H2O
Max. Input Power 2,16 W
Max. Input Current 0,18 A

^^ where else will you find specs like that in that size range? The first time i find one for around $20 total, used or new, I'm buying. I notice Amazon has it for $24.45 shipped btw.

I wanted two of them to use in a ventilation project, but in the meantime i bought $5 200mm Spectre Pro fans, but the 200mm size changes the whole project design...

Hmm...it seems Newegg raised their prices on Noctua fans, I bought some NF-F12s for $22 less than a month ago, now they are $27. They know what they are doing :)
I started tracking Noctua IPPC prices a month ago, and prices began an upswing on every site i monitored. Prices were even creeping up on the larger Bitfenix Spectre Pro fans, i was lucky to snag two of them for $5 each recently, open box but free shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a thread somewhere with the details on this?

There might be, but Kyle can probably give you the details if he wants to. Basically for a time, Newegg cut HardOCP's royalties on referral links as they considered redirects from this site "Newegg's normal customers" or something to that effect. Prior to that, newegg would often advertise codes just for HardOCP readers with the sitename in the code itself. Cutting referral links obviously had a negative impact on HardOCP's expected revenues and adversely impacted the bonuses etc. Kyle was expecting to be able to pay his employees.

So yeah, some bad blood, some things were done, but apparently they've kissed and made up and all is better, which is great for the end-user looking for great tech deals. This site is one of the best imo for directed info on hardware deals, and I've always preferred Newegg even with all the anti-Newegg and pro-Amazon sentiments that have come about lately, so both of these entities getting along again is great for people like me. :)

Oh and back on topic: Buy Noctua and don't waste time with the flavor of the month brands that have a positive buzz. I tried some of thsoe Cougar vortex fans that were all the rage a few years ago and they turned out to be junk. Worked fine when aligned vertically, but once you hung them horizontally (as common with numerous cases/rads), they had a horrible squeaking sound due to poorly designed bearings. Known issue apparently, its all over the newegg reviews (who said newegg reviews were worthless, again???). Paid good money for some Noctua NF-F12s and my sanity has returned!!!! Go great on my H105 with 5 year old NF-P12s still going strong. Best fans in the industry, despite the questionable color scheme!

Thanks for sharing!

"despite the questionable color scheme! " haha no shit.

A fan's a fan. Don't pay triple the money for something that is only quieter because it pushes less air. If they really had some incredible patented technology, the company would have been bought by a big fish.

A fan's a fan. Don't pay triple the money for something that is only quieter because it pushes less air. If they really had some incredible patented technology, the company would have been bought by a big fish.

Yeah okay, been building PC's for 15 years. 2 years ago I opted to see what the hype is. Yup amazing fans, absolutely quiet, plus I don't need to worry about odd vibrations. I had one fan go bad on me but still fully functional had a little oil leak. Noctua took care of me even upgraded to a different fan for me, didn't have to worry about anything best company I've dealt with bar none. I've had Fractal fans start crapping out on me in less time. That's like saying a car is just a car. I'd take a Lexus ES over a Civic any day even though they both can get you to where you want to go.

Wrong...

Fuck Newegg! ahh that feels better, just wanted to get that out in the open. Hated on the Canadian side as well

Yeah okay, been building PC's for 15 years. 2 years ago I opted to see what the hype is. Yup amazing fans, absolutely quiet, plus I don't need to worry about odd vibrations. I had one fan go bad on me but still fully functional had a little oil leak. Noctua took care of me even upgraded to a different fan for me, didn't have to worry about anything best company I've dealt with bar none. I've had Fractal fans start crapping out on me in less time. That's like saying a car is just a car. I'd take a Lexus ES over a Civic any day even though they both can get you to where you want to go.

Properly working bearings, regardless of type, are silent. So all those buzzwords you read on their site are them rubbing snake oil on you.

The noise of a fan is all made from them spinning blades. Are those little grooves in Noctua's blades some magic invention the make them 50% quieter than the competition?...of course not. We are talking 1-2% variance at most from that. Noctua's push less air than advertised, simple as that, I've installed a cooler master rated at the same airflow next to a Noctua and their was a noticeable difference.

20% off is still too much. What do people see in these fans?

I've yet to see a review where these do all that well on radiators. I can buy a good fdb fan for $10 if not less on a good sale.

Reviews to prove him wrong? All that I know is that Martin does not seem to be a fan of Noctua fans.

I'll take a thermalright fdb or scythe kama flow 2/sflex over one of these for a fraction of the price.

20% off is still too much. What do people see in these fans?

Got my first ones on sale a while back, and figured a few $20 fans wouldn't make or break my budget. Not sure if they're worth the money, but they perform well enough and had a fairly neutral sound to my ears. I now have 4 of them crammed in my ITX build, and the sound profile is consistent between them (unlike my GPU and PSU fans that are audibly mediocre and piss-poor garbage, respectively). I'm happy with my purchase.

Reviews to prove him wrong? All that I know is that Martin does not seem to be a fan of Noctua fans.

I'll take a thermalright fdb or scythe kama flow 2/sflex over one of these for a fraction of the price.

Prove him wrong with a review? He said a fans a fan... Im not going to put effort into disproving that crap.

I've bought and tried a lot of the Noctua fans, I am never impressed by them. I rather have a Gentle Typhoon over a Noctua any day.

Thanks op! I've got to replace 2x 80mm fans on my HTPC (which are too loud).

You need to actually read the conversation and figure out the context before you keep replying.

Then key me in? What makes them worth the money? The static pressure that effects a radiator somehow works differently on a heatsink? Its worth spending that kind of money on a case fan? Please elaborate.....

I just bought a box of thermalright fdb fans for $5 a few months back. How are these better? What are they better for? Key me in.....
I paid around $10 for every Scythe kama flow 2 and sflex in my case and on my rads. Explain to me how a noctua is worth more than twice that price..... Please, go ahead.

You don't use Noctua's for liquid cooling.....? That's what Gentle Typhoons are/were for.

Gently typhoons are over rated too. Just like every other ball bearing fan that I've ever used they make a noise at lower speeds. FDB fans sound better to me at ~1000 rpm.

A lot of people do seem to love them though. They also review well.

I wish that martin didn't take down the youtube videos that he had on his fan reviews since you could hear it there.

Then key me in? What makes them worth the money? The static pressure that effects a radiator somehow works differently on a heatsink? Its worth spending that kind of money on a case fan? Please elaborate.....

I just bought a box of thermalright fdb fans for $5 a few months back. How are these better? What are they better for? Key me in.....
I paid around $10 for every Scythe kama flow 2 and sflex in my case and on my rads. Explain to me how a noctua is worth more than twice that price..... Please, go ahead.

Gently typhoons are over rated too. Just like every other ball bearing fan that I've ever used they make a noise at lower speeds. FDB fans sound better to me at ~1000 rpm.

A lot of people do seem to love them though. They also review well.

I wish that martin didn't take down the youtube videos that he had on his fan reviews since you could hear it there.

Again... Read what the fuck I said. You're creating your own argument or if nothing. He said a fan's a fan I said wing. Clearly you agree with me considering you're buying Scythe's etc instead of no name Chinese fans.

Reading comprehension ftw...

Again... Read what the fuck I said. You're creating your own argument or if nothing. He said a fan's a fan I said wing. Clearly you agree with me considering you're buying Scythe's etc instead of no name Chinese fans.

Reading comprehension ftw...

Could say the same thing to you pal. Calm down. I was agreeing with you and pointing to a site to back up your claims.

Chill

Back